Thread: Europe

Europe

I see the lady behind the 1619 project is now claiming that itís racist to say Europe is a continent.

Leaving aside the racial reductive thinking, why do we call it a continent? Is there a technical definition, or is that just a convention? Why is Australia a continent but Greenland a mere island?

Could it have something to do with the earth's plates and continental drift?

I think it has something to do with the ancient Greeks.

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

It all seems pretty arbitrary to me. Could Europe someday be demoted like Pluto was?

Okay---Kids---we learned(if you were paying attention) rthat the Ural Mountains divided Europe from Asia. The Urals are a result of uplift from plate tectonics. And guess wat? They are very rich in mierals that modern civ. is consuming very rapidly. So yeah---better be nice to Russia. Right? No, it won't do any good. Should've just let those industrious & innovative Germans (not-sees) win, to gain access to that region. They can use them for Porsches, VW's, 'Cedes, etc. Yup. Which reminds me---in the so-called "Battle of the Bulge" which was considered the turning point of those "Good Guys" VS those "Evil Guys"(nasty not sees), General Patton stopped into a church, to ask God for some assistance in defeating those Evil Not Sees. But guess what? Patton was NOT a Cat-Lick, but since that was the favored brand in Bell Jum, a Cat Lick church had to suffice. So yeah---The Good Guys were finally able to push back those Not Sees, in the pile-on War against the Christian(cat lick & luttheren) german people who make the Cars & Electronics & stuff you kids prefer, in order to help out the totalitarian regimes who make stuff you steer clear of, or won't admit to buying, unless you have to.. See? Same deal in Asia, right? It sure wasn't about "your Freedom" as propagandists like to chant. Isn't that peculiar? Western Civ lately reminds me of this young couple I know of---who have a periodic um, "breakup", in which other partners enter the picture to "date", restraining orders are issued and violated, all kinds of drama that would kill a normal relationship, right? Bitter combat. But then--a few months later---back together, again. Wow. But yeah---that's those Europeans, too. Thankk Mee.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 11-4-22 at 2:08pm.

What else would you call it, a band?

But yeah---TMS posted a tune recorded for commercial airplay in a Hair Band(arena music w/tickkicksto a venue near you), that is now played over the intercom at the grocery store, once in awhile. See? I will check and see if that singer still maintains long, blonde, permed hair.
    Thankk mee.

Okay---Asia. Yup. Not as big of Hair, but a SuperGrroup that used to fill arenas with tickkick-purchasing, hands-in-the-air manic concertgoers. Thank mee.2022-11-04 (2).jpg

Thread Information