Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: November frugals

November frugals

Just did an Amazon grocery delivery order. I know what prices are and sometimes I just don’t want to deal with walking through the store and hauling heavy stuff inside (bum knees). Hope there’s enough to keep me for two weeks.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    My Medicare plan gives gift cards if you get a flushot, see the MD once a year, mammogram, A1C etc. I accumulated $100 in gift cards to local grocery store. This week they had a special offer, for every fifty dollars you spend you get a $50 gas card for $40. I always use coupons, focus on specials and so on. My receipt showed normal prices of items to be $172 but after specials and coupons bottom line was $ 103. I added two gas cards so got $272 of gas and food for $83. I never get anything I won't use normally.

So now time to cook this week some of my caramelized onion broccoli mac and cheese, pizza rolls, chicken vegetable soup and organic steel cut oats to name few. I'll have plenty to freeze for future meals. Tonight is fresh fish, sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli.

It takes a considerabe amount of time and attention to do this, but well worth it. But our best money saver is eating all our meals at home and packing food if we go anywhere

Flowers, that is a nice savings!

Really nice, flowers! Congrats! Have been simply trying to stay out of the stores. Trying not to spend at all. We do have a celebration dinner coming up on Saturday, but definitely will be worth the time with family.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Price shopped my car maintenance and will save about $32 over what I paid last time - and who knows what that dealership is up to now. It's a NH dealership so no sales tax but also just more competitive outside MA. I will look for some fun thing(s) to do as well when I go up there.

I made a quick small pot of soup last night. I sautéed garlic and onions in olive oil. I added chopped carrots and celery, a can of crushed tomatoes (undrained) and a can of canellini beans (white kidney beans), also undrained. I needed to just add one tomato can of water. I brought to a boil and then simmered until carrots were tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Very yummy! Having a small bowl now.

That sounds really good, Tradd. I'll have to try that.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It has LOTS of garlic!

I have to try that too as it looks easy and very warming for autumn nights.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Got four beautiful peppers at a local farm stand where I go to get my fresh eggs. Tonight made stuffed peppers with rice, black beans, tomatoes and cheese. Spiced with garlic and basil. Everything bought on sale and price under $10 for eight servings. plus delicious and good for you.

Thread Information