Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: November Purge

My goal is to have only things in the cellar that belong there, and to eliminate the purgatorial waystation category of stuff that we're not even sure we want, and don't know where else to put it. Rosa, you stated my goal well. We have way too much purgatory! Attic and basement and a closet.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    My goal is to have only things in the cellar that belong there, and to eliminate the purgatorial waystation category of stuff that we're not even sure we want, and don't know where else to put it. Rosa, you stated my goal well. We have way too much purgatory! Attic and basement and a closet.
    I will never be able to achieve the “only have things in the cellar that belong there. “And I am resigned to that for my life.

The three people who said they wanted things I offered up on FB Sun night all came to pick them up yesterday - definitely a record! We also dropped off a bunch of stuff at Saver's.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I will never be able to achieve the “only have things in the cellar that belong there. “And I am resigned to that for my life.
    You have a much larger cellar than I do IL, so I really have to be more disciplined about accumulation. I suppose that could viewed as either a blessing or a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    One step closer to a purging... just scheduled a donation pickup for right before Thanksgiving. That is usually motivation for me to start gathering up stuff to go!
    I often do really well with that type of deadline, as with library books. Good luck!

Yppej
    Doing electronic cleaning. I had emailed all the 350 other municipalities in my state to see if they elect or appoint their Board of Health, so I have a lot of responses. Doing a little every day.

Yppej
    A pair of gloves going threadbare.

I was able to give away a needlepoint picture I've had for 40+ years that I am not going to finish in this lifetime. I had completed about 75% of it, so it felt great to pass it along to someone who seems enthusiastic about taking it on (all the materials were included). I don't even really like the picture anymore. It's not awful, but no longer my taste.
    Things like this are the hardest, because there is an attachment, but also no real desire to keep, if that makes any sense.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just sold 4 scuba tanks to 2 friends for $1100! I need the space.

Concluded the 2nd annual organizing of the tupperware. 3 containers tossed and lids posted on the local Buy Nothing group. They're going into to the trash is no one picks up before 5pm Wednesday.

Thread Information