Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 2022 election

Trump has achieved something no other person has in any of our lifetimes. He lost the house for his party in 2018, lost the senate and the presidency in 2020 and then lost them a big wave takeover in 2022. And yet he’s still the leader of the party. (Mitch is probably saying to himself and trusted advisors ‘we should have convicted him at the second impeachment when we had the chance to get rid of the f’ing a’hole’) Unless he drops dead between now and 2024 I expect he will continue to be a thorn in the republican’s side. With his ego he doesn’t care what happens to his party. He will run for president and the primary will be UGLY. and if he loses in it I wouldn’t be surprised to see him run as an independent in the general and be the biggest spoiler possible.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    liz Cheney called it a clear victory for team normal.
    Except for JD Vance, who's a wackadoo of the worst kind. To borrow a legal phrase--the fruit of a poisonous tree.

[QUOTE=frugal-one;416957]
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    And that’s the situation almost everywhere in the country. The world keeps turning the day after the election. The beauty of democracy, despite what the true believers will tell you, is that there are no permanent victories.

The people trapped in a jihadi mindset may call you a turncoat if you vote for a single candidate of the infidel party, but the quieter real world carries on in a frustratingly apocalypse-free manner. QUOTE…

You are referring to me and I know you are the jihadi. You voted for a guy that sent fake electors, is a trump toady, wants to jack around with medicare/social security, tells women if they don’t like his stance on abortion they can leave the state. Your type, obviously, are the threat to our democracy! You may carry on in an apocalypse free manner for now BUT you are rooting for an autocratic society by the way you vote.
    I definitely would have voted for Charlie Baker for governor if he had run for re-election.

[QUOTE=frugal-one;416957]
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    And that’s the situation almost everywhere in the country. The world keeps turning the day after the election. The beauty of democracy, despite what the true believers will tell you, is that there are no permanent victories.

The people trapped in a jihadi mindset may call you a turncoat if you vote for a single candidate of the infidel party, but the quieter real world carries on in a frustratingly apocalypse-free manner. QUOTE…

You are referring to me and I know you are the jihadi. You voted for a guy that sent fake electors, is a trump toady, wants to jack around with medicare/social security, tells women if they don’t like his stance on abortion they can leave the state. Your type, obviously, are the threat to our democracy! You may carry on in an apocalypse free manner for now BUT you are rooting for an autocratic society by the way you vote.
    My type does not frantically insist every election is Armageddon. My type votes to frustrate the ambitions of the party pushing for an increasingly powerful and intrusive federal government. Or that actively works to eliminate fossil fuels before they have something to replace it with. Or that the constitution is really more a set of suggestions than rules.

Went to my local Republican city meeting last night and they are split between the realists who see they need to move on to someone like DeSantis and the Trump diehards who insist Trump didn't cost the party a red wave, they really did win everywhere it's just that the vote was rigged, it's not Trump's fault Fauci tricked him, nothing is ever Trump's fault.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Kinda makes ya scratch your head and go hmmmm when we see how close the Arizona governor’s race is and considering that Lake’s opponent, who is in charge of elections across the state, allowed ballots to go out without Lake’s name on it.

As for Karie Lake the person, TIL she graduated from the University of Iowa, my alma mater. She was an Iowa farm girl. This is excellent.
    Thought of you today, IL. I was on the light rail out to the burbs for work and passing through downtown were a group with signs that said JUMP IN THE. LAKE. LAKE. I fear with Hobbs now 1.3% lead, not all Arizonans share your take. Rob

[QUOTE=LDAHL;416989]
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post

My type does not frantically insist every election is Armageddon. My type votes to frustrate the ambitions of the party pushing for an increasingly powerful and intrusive federal government. Or that actively works to eliminate fossil fuels before they have something to replace it with. Or that the constitution is really more a set of suggestions than rules.

Your type votes for those in favor of Jan 6th… a wish to overthrow the government with an autocratic hitler-putin wanna be. There is no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Thought of you today, IL. I was on the light rail out to the burbs for work and passing through downtown were a group with signs that said JUMP IN THE. LAKE. LAKE. I fear with Hobbs now 1.3% lead, not all Arizonans share your take. Rob
    “Jump in the lake” is a little bit funny. It doesn’t look like Kari Lake will pull it off.

One of the NYT headlines today went, "Every election denier who sought to become the top election official in a critical battleground state lost at the polls". The article is about secretaries of state. I think 12 or 13 deniers were in the running. That's slightly satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    One of the NYT headlines today went, "Every election denier who sought to become the top election official in a critical battleground state lost at the polls". The article is about secretaries of state. I think 12 or 13 deniers were in the running. That's slightly satisfying.
    I would say extremely satisfying!

Thread Information