Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: The 2022 election

  1. #41
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,823
    Desantis is kind of the worst of both worlds. Heís playing hard to the partyís maga base but the maga base wonít be happy if he knocks trump off his altar. He also simply doesnít have as much charisma. And in the mud slinging match of seeing who can be the meanest, most vindictive asshole that is going to be the Republican primary itís simply not possible that he can out trump trump. Not to mention that he wonít be the only person competing against trump. And just like in 2016 all the non-trumps will dilute each other and trump will get 35-40% of the vote. Baring death or imprisonment I expect trump will be the nominee.

  2. #42
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,513
    Wonderful news from Arizona, folks! AP just called the race for Katie Hobbs! Kari Lake's down home redneck support in Pinal County (an Arizona embarrassment between Phoenix and Tucson) was not enough for her to pull off a win. Now we have a chance - thin though it may be - for police reform. Rob

  3. #43
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,513
    And something else - Phoenix and Tucson BOTH had more Dem than GOP votes and Nogales was extremely dark blue as usual. Way to go, Arizona! Rob

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6,680
    Congratuations, Rob, I thought of you yesterday when we got the wonderful news that Kari Lake lost.

  5. #45
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,525
    Nice news, Rob!

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,640
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Desantis is kind of the worst of both worlds. He’s playing hard to the party’s maga base but the maga base won’t be happy if he knocks trump off his altar. He also simply doesn’t have as much charisma. And in the mud slinging match of seeing who can be the meanest, most vindictive asshole that is going to be the Republican primary it’s simply not possible that he can out trump trump. Not to mention that he won’t be the only person competing against trump. And just like in 2016 all the non-trumps will dilute each other and trump will get 35-40% of the vote. Baring death or imprisonment I expect trump will be the nominee.
    The “new” trump. With him around, as with trump, constant chaos and disgusting actions.

  7. #47
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    23,219
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Desantis is kind of the worst of both worlds. He’s playing hard to the party’s maga base but the maga base won’t be happy if he knocks trump off his altar. He also simply doesn’t have as much charisma. And in the mud slinging match of seeing who can be the meanest, most vindictive asshole that is going to be the Republican primary it’s simply not possible that he can out trump trump. Not to mention that he won’t be the only person competing against trump. And just like in 2016 all the non-trumps will dilute each other and trump will get 35-40% of the vote. Baring death or imprisonment I expect trump will be the nominee.
    You may be right about Trump’s path to victory. Ugh.

  8. #48
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,146
    I was astounded to hear someone (Mary Trump?) describe DeSantis as "Donald Trump without the charisma." He has as much charisma as something I'd wipe off my shoe. We are truly lost.

  9. #49
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    23,219
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I was astounded to hear someone (Mary Trump?) describe DeSantis as "Donald Trump without the charisma." He has as much charisma as something I'd wipe off my shoe. We are truly lost.
    Oh I think DeSantis has a whole lot more going on for the populace.He is careful, he educates himself on issues, and he is analytical. He made many good decisions for Florida and maybe he just lucked out in some cases, who knows, but his constituents like him.

    I suppose it will all depend on how he does campaigning. Or maybe he’ll just sit this one out and let DJ T self destruct.

  10. #50
    Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh I think DeSantis has a whole lot more going on for the populace.He is careful, he educates himself on issues, and he is analytical. He made many good decisions for Florida and maybe he just lucked out in some cases, who knows, but his constituents like him.

    I suppose it will all depend on how he does campaigning. Or maybe he’ll just sit this one out and let DJ T self destruct.
    There is this
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bl...in/ar-AA13P9b7


    Of course there were no election police where I live because it is basically a red county full of white voters.

    I agree he is smart and crafty but like his new enemy Donald likes to see how far he can push the law. He is mean and can lean towards being dictatorial, as in my way or the highway, and I can't wait to see what happens when Trump makes his announcement. I believe it is going to sow so much discord in the Republican party I'm making a big batch of popcorn and I'm going to sit back and enjoy the show. I'll be sending my thoughts and prayers as they fight it out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •