Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2022 election

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    A friend who we worked with campaigning for Bernie back in Michigan overturned a Michigan rep seat from a two term Republican! So happy for her, as she starts her new role as a Michigan State Representative in Lansing!
    Unfortunately, my (former) big city political environment got even crazier and less effective. The only political race I really cared about, Board of Alderman President, did not go my way. I still own a condo there so I care about what happens.

I am cheered by the results of abortion amendments across the country, though. So yeah, something for everyone.

the quieter real world carries on in a frustratingly apocalypse-free manner.
    I think it is interesting how the media hones in on all these scary political topics and blows them up as if that's all we care about. To me it has become just plain boring. Let's get on with life...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I think it is interesting how the media hones in on all these scary political topics and blows them up as if that's all we care about. To me it has become just plain boring. Let's get on with life...
    Since we no longer get our news in print or broadcast format, we are each of us our own news programmer. This puts a premium on clickbait headlines.

[QUOTE=LDAHL;416931]And that’s the situation almost everywhere in the country. The world keeps turning the day after the election. The beauty of democracy, despite what the true believers will tell you, is that there are no permanent victories.

The people trapped in a jihadi mindset may call you a turncoat if you vote for a single candidate of the infidel party, but the quieter real world carries on in a frustratingly apocalypse-free manner. QUOTE…

You are referring to me and I know you are the jihadi. You voted for a guy that sent fake electors, is a trump toady, wants to jack around with medicare/social security, tells women if they don’t like his stance on abortion they can leave the state. Your type, obviously, are the threat to our democracy! You may carry on in an apocalypse free manner for now BUT you are rooting for an autocratic society by the way you vote.

The jihadi mindset clearly belongs to the Right, with their quasi-religious fervor and enthusiasm for civil war. Not to mention calls to murder prominent figures who oppose them, like Nancy Pelosi or Mike Pence.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    It's looking as if Arizona will retain it's rep as politically strange. Kari Lake has yet to win and she is already sounding off about fraud. Ick. Just ick. We all deserve so much better. There's also local worry regarding Lake instigating political violence. Never a dull moment in Arizona. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    It's looking as if Arizona will retain it's rep as politically strange. Kari Lake has yet to win and she is already sounding off about fraud. Ick. Just ick. We all deserve so much better. There's also local worry regarding Lake instigating political violence. Never a dull moment in Arizona. Rob
    Kinda makes ya scratch your head and go hmmmm when we see how close the Arizona governor’s race is and considering that Lake’s opponent, who is in charge of elections across the state, allowed ballots to go out without Lake’s name on it.

As for Karie Lake the person, TIL she graduated from the University of Iowa, my alma mater. She was an Iowa farm girl. This is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    She is another election denier. You are right… deserve much better.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    She is another election denier. You are right… deserve much better.
    So now she's threatening the media and ordering McCain voters out of her rallies. A real charmer.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I’m hoping what comes out of this is Trump disappearing from the scene. I don’t believe he will do it, though. He will hang around and be a poor sport, bashing DeSantis and republicans who don’t want him to run or stay in the picture.

it should be resoundingly clear that even with Bidens being blamed for inflation, gas prices and the student loan forgiveness, people went for non election deniers and candidates not endorsed by trump. He probably caused them to lose some seats.

maybe he will be too busy with his all his lawsuits and will fade away.

liz Cheney called it a clear victory for team normal.

Thread Information