Thread: Need advice on a spending tracker

Need advice on a spending tracker

Does anyone use a spending tracker and if so, which one? I used to use YNAB, then dropped my subscription. With inflation, I really need to start up again. I don't want to spend a lot and need something simple to use. Thanks!

You might look at Every Dollar. It’s free. It’s Dave Ramsey’s app, but again, free.

I don’t like it as it works per month. I budget per paycheck, which is twice a month, so I just use paper and penn

Thanks! I will look into it. Free is good.

Yeah, I do use YNAB, but if I were looking for something else, I second Tradd's recommendation of Every Dollar.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yeah, I do use YNAB, but if I were looking for something else, I second Tradd's recommendation of Every Dollar.
    Me, too. Every Dollar is simpler, and it is a zero-based budget system, which I like. It is very clearly laid out, and is simpler than YNAB.

I signed up for Everydollar, but I can't get past all the pop up ads. I guess you get what you pay for. I may just go back to YNAB, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    I signed up for Everydollar, but I can't get past all the pop up ads. I guess you get what you pay for. I may just go back to YNAB, but I appreciate the suggestion.
    I had a free version of the app and I don’t remember ads. Perhaps try the app if you haven’t?

I use an open source product called gnucash. Itís free, and works more like a regular accounting system where you see both the debit and credit side of every transaction and produce traditional financial statements.

Thread Information