Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you preparing for supply chain disruptions?

Went today and stocked up on food. People are out in droves. Don’t want to have to do mega shopping anytime soon. If there should be a supply chain problem, we can get by too.

THe one thing where supply chain issues would be a problem for us is the bathroom renovation that we're in the middle of. Most of the stuff we need for that was bought months ago and has been annoyingly sitting in our dining room. Our contractor finally started working on it in earnest this week and at this point as long as we don't suffer some bizarre electricity outage or something he will be able to complete it by christmas without needing anything other than a few random bits and pieces. Other than that we'll be fine. If food shortages happen or whatever we'll just eat something else.

No I was not worried then and not worried now. I never let myself get completely out of anything.

My only significant change in behavior is that I now really stock up on preferred types of cat food. For purposes of comparison, we used to have 1 - 2 weeks of supply on hand, and now it's more like 1 - 2 months of supply.
    I suppose I'm quicker to buy a bit more of something that they don't always have in stock at the store, but DH and I are a bit more flexible than the cats for sure.
    Oh, and I also have a lot of toilet paper on hand!

Jane, maybe they have asthma or COPD. I can't go under about 40 without it activating bronchospasms. I would definitely succumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Jane, maybe they have asthma or COPD. I can't go under about 40 without it activating bronchospasms. I would definitely succumb.
    Ah, that makes sense. My grandmother had COPD, and she died one December while walking to visit a friend. I bet the cold weather was a contributor. I had (idiopathic) bronchospasm once (food reaction?)--scary business.

I was at Walgreens just a while ago buying a sympathy card when I heard conversations in line about no one being able to find distilled water--anywhere.

I guess you need that for cleaning your CPap. A lady in line was buying an entire hose unit because she could not find distilled water to clean her present one.

Anyone else heard about this? Can you only use distilled water to clean your CPap? I don't need or have one, but curious now.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I don't sense much urgency about the current supply chain.
    Just what do y'all normally discuss in this "emergency preparedness" forum?

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I was at Walgreens just a while ago buying a sympathy card when I heard conversations in line about no one being able to find distilled water--anywhere.

I guess you need that for cleaning your CPap. A lady in line was buying an entire hose unit because she could not find distilled water to clean her present one.

Anyone else heard about this? Can you only use distilled water to clean your CPap? I don't need or have one, but curious now.
    DH doesn't use distilled water to clean his. Just regular water. But he smokes like a fiend, cleans with full-strength ammonia and generally believes that when it comes to chemicals, more is more, so I'm sure cleaning with distilled water is not high on his priority list.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I just uses regular water in mine for years. I have hard water and need to clean/descale it now-and-then. It hasn't been a problem.

The new CPAP I switched to recently doesn't even need water.

Thread Information