Thread: Bomb threat at grand-twins school

Bomb threat at grand-twins school

Grand-twins were yanked out of public preschool today due to a bomb threat at their elementary campus. I can only wonder how DD explained that one to such innocents and why the world seems so full of unhinged people these days.

Bomb threats at schools are nothing new.

So sorry pinkytoe! Indeed how to explain to preschool kids?? It is even hard to comprehend as an adult how the violence in this country has escalated to such a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    So sorry pinkytoe! Indeed how to explain to preschool kids?? It is even hard to comprehend as an adult how the violence in this country has escalated to such a degree.
    I agree, and I am so sorry that happened, how scary for everyone!

Not just scary, but so sad. Hope the grand-twins are doing okay.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We just had a threat at my kid’s high school from Canada. Apparently, a kid at our school had a gaming buddy in Winnipeg that he got to send the message. Interpol, the RCMP and FBI tracked them down surprisingly quickly, given that they communicated through gaming software. The American kid is being charge with conspiracy to issue a terrorist threat. Don’t know what the Canadians are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Bomb threats at schools are nothing new.
    I remember there being bomb threats when I was in school, and we kids would just be excited because it interrupted class and we could go outside, and if we were lucky enough, maybe even get to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I remember there being bomb threats when I was in school, and we kids would just be excited because it interrupted class and we could go outside, and if we were lucky enough, maybe even get to go home.
    But Yeah---See, there IS a benefit to these kind of things. Also, young whippersnappers who have volunteered to fight crime, can respond to these threats by getting out and DRIVE those Dodge Chargers as fast as they can on city streets, tickick-free! Maybe get a chance to draw their sidearm! Be a hero without have to go ALLLL the way to Afghanistan! The downside is, if there IS an active shooter onsite, you could be vilifed if you don't confront them, like in Fla. But, that's only what middle-aged cops with a mortgage, wife and grandkids do, is lay low. Yup.2022-11-18 (12).jpg

Thread Information