Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: December Purge

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    When did this go into law? But more importantly, what ARE you supposed to do with these items to dispose of them?
    Specialty businesses have sprung up to take mattresses for $60 each and recycle them. You are supposed to donate good condition clothing etc to charity. No plan yet for bad condition items. To be legal hoard them I guess.

I haven't thrown away clothing for years. We are fortunate to have a fabric recycling donation box that's just a two-minute walk from our house for textiles that are not in good enough condition to donate. I am guessing that Google could be helpful in finding a donation box near you. That being said, I'm perfectly confident that our trash collectors aren't digging through my bags of trash to make sure there are no textiles in there.
    The mattress thing is more problematic. I'm annoyed that my town didn't proactively have some plan in place for affordable disposal, and there are now many mattresses on curbs throughout the town. We just have the company take away our old set ($20 fee) when we have a new mattress & box spring delivered, so it isn't really a problem for us personally.

I had heard that H & M stores take textiles.

https://www2.hm.com/en_us/sustainabi...-the-loop.html

Local women are coming to pick up the following from me today:
    A partially used can of furniture paste wax
    A large can of polycrylic
    5 cans of spray paint
    I'm especially pleased because these items are still good and useable, and they are also items that I could not dispose of in regular trash collection.

Thread Information