Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really nice holiday events in Hermann

Okay--Faux, I am very curious about that car club. Are they actual skilled automotive restorers, or are the just "car buffs" who purchase a vintage car and use it to atend gatherings? Basically a form of car jocking much like affluent Iwah people who buy a huuuge SUV and deck it out with vanity plates of their favorite school and attend games and have tailgate parties. See?

oooohhh, I love the table!! All of your festivities sound like fun. If you like little red sports cars and end up on Cape Cod, check out Toad Hall Cars outside Hyannis Port. http://www.toadhallcars.com It is some kind of wonderful!! He has a 53 Jag XK-120. And a bug-eye Sprite!! We had so much fun there. Called first, as the people who steered us there said it was a good idea - and asked the owner if his museum was open, as it was both late in the day, and way after season. He said - if you will come, I will be open! And he was, and I was totally floored by the lovely red cars. Which I know nothing about, but dearly love, lol....

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    oooohhh, I love the table!! All of your festivities sound like fun. If you like little red sports cars and end up on Cape Cod, check out Toad Hall Cars outside Hyannis Port. http://www.toadhallcars.com It is some kind of wonderful!! He has a 53 Jag XK-120. And a bug-eye Sprite!! We had so much fun there. Called first, as the people who steered us there said it was a good idea - and asked the owner if his museum was open, as it was both late in the day, and way after season. He said - if you will come, I will be open! And he was, and I was totally floored by the lovely red cars. Which I know nothing about, but dearly love, lol....
    Indeed, I love Austin Healey Bugeyed Sprites!

If Bobby was more polite, I would tell him about the guy in my car club who has wonderful English cars and works extensively on them, including a big Healy, but Bobby will just make fun of these English cars so why even bother.
    I am not a serious person.

Okay---I am in complete and total arg---er---agreement with Faux, on that. No sense discussing English cars here, because I will no doubt mock them. So yeah---let's move on. Hope that helps you some. Thanks mee.

Okay---I'm sitting here, waiting for my energy drink to kick in, so I can go to the wreckin' yard and pull a trailer hitch to use on my antique van. Plus, some steering column parts; it's always a fun thing to do. But yeah---does Herman, Zurra have a Cat Club? Not one a these cat clubs that is just a cover for a drive-n-eat society, but one where the members stay at home and spend quality time with their rescued strays? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---I'm sitting here, waiting for my energy drink to kick in, so I can go to the wreckin' yard and pull a trailer hitch to use on my antique van. Plus, some steering column parts; it's always a fun thing to do. But yeah---does Herman, Zurra have a Cat Club? Not one a these cat clubs that is just a cover for a drive-n-eat society, but one where the members stay at home and spend quality time with their rescued strays? Just curious.
    Hermann has a very active “cat club “called “Ferals In Peril. “

It’s an organization that watches out for feral cats, forms colonies, and finds caretakers for them, etc. I gave a large donation to them this year. Plus I attended their fundraiser. In addition, I help the lady down the street who takes care of a colony by giving her money

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---I am in complete and total arg---er---agreement with Faux, on that. No sense discussing English cars here, because I will no doubt mock them. So yeah---let's move on. Hope that helps you some. Thanks mee.
    Oh, and OF COURSE the people in our car club work on their own cars, this is HERMANN, not Millwood or Fremont hills in your area of lalaland.

I only know the English car guy because we’ve had several conversations. He had the most pristine TR6 I have ever seen, and we were members of the Triumph club in St. Louis for several years so i have a good frame of reference. Last year I had a real yen for a kit car big Austin Healy which was in my price range, so he talked to me extensively about them. As it turns out his benefactor also loves the big Healeys and ended up buying an authentic one recently. His “benefactor” is an old guy who actually owns the cars and lets my car club friend work on them and drive them.

but most of the car club is made up of American cars, not so interesting to me.

I wonder how much you'd like to organize an ALPHABET People Festival, there in your adopted hometown. An event like that might be a big tourist draw. You could lease the shop building down the hill from you, and redecorate it, and headquarter the event there as well as hold a parade through town. Yup

Here are images from the Grinch table “Christmas in Whoville” table at the Tablescapes display in
    Hermann. I look for items throughout the year at thrift stores to use. I have gotten so much use out if these green placemats and napkins, purchased several years ago from Goodwill.

Last week I found an Eiffel Tower sculpture just the right size at Goodwill ,for next year’s “Christmas in Paris” tablescape.

C373CA63-75F0-4D4E-90FD-AF56D93428AA.jpg

CC403A99-BD3D-4B10-A3EE-C2B9E49F6B56.jpg

B7EB0018-028A-4D8D-A708-8D1B779A9DC0.jpg

Okay---yah, one a very few moo--versions I've went to was Grinch & Carrey was very entertaining and brilliant(like mee). But yeah--you sidestepped the question I axed, about you chairing a committee to establish an ALPHABET People festival in Herman. Thank mee.

Thread Information