Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not A Home Positive Covid Test

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    My great-grandfather ate mostly bacon & eggs as his diet, and it killed him off well before his allotted years. He was only 96.
    My great-grandfather as well. Like my father, he was far from a vegetarian; died in his early 90s, chopping wood. Never had a kale smoothie.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    My great-grandfather as well. Like my father, he was far from a vegetarian; died in his early 90s, chopping wood. Never had a kale smoothie.
    Those guys worked hard physically which had a major effect on their arteries.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Those guys worked hard physically which had a major effect on their arteries.
    I think that's the secret behind the "blue zones." Beside eating more meat than the book would have you believe (Okinawans love their pork!), lifestyles--lifelong, often strenuous exercise, clean air and water, strong social and family ties, and a simple life, minimizing stress all play a part.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Yeah, that is why you got gout….. It does matter what you eat.
    I understand gout is related mostly to carbohydrate and/or alcohol intake, as well as T2 diabetes.
    Studies seem to bear this out.

I have read the blue zones. My very rough assessment is that you have diet, exercise, support from your tribe, environmental exposures, and genetics. You can only fool genetics for so long. And can maybe slight a couple of the others and get away with it, but they all matter and you start spinning the wheel of fortune.

Thread Information