Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Winter Challenge Anyone?

Yppej, would your son be open to the two of you going to counseling to work out the issues? Although from my perspective he is being a selfish brat since he’s living in your house. But an impartial skilled therapist may be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Yppej, would your son be open to the two of you going to counseling to work out the issues? Although from my perspective he is being a selfish brat since he’s living in your house. But an impartial skilled therapist may be helpful.
    He will never change while all of his needs and most wants are met, all the while him self-justifying his behavior as superior and necessary.
    edited to add: which is not to say that joint therapy would not help because it might. But what is his incentive to do therapy with his mother?

Yppej
    He will not do joint therapy.

Work on clearing the spare bed being used as a staging area
    Start organizing the books in progress
    4 boxes done
    Set up no screen days for Jan, Feb, and Mar done
    sort scraps for quilt done
    Work on tshirt quilt on hold
    Stash busting done

Most of my list is ongoing and progress continues, best I can hope for so far. Husband's favorite author bookshelf is complete. Now we decide on how to sort the rest. Thinking about sorting fiction by author and non fiction by category then author. Took a break from sewing quilt blocks to do a couple of commissions, will go back to quilting once they're done.

Have a couple more things to go over and clear out of the storage unit, so I'm hoping to finish that up this spring and spend the summer organizing.

Hana, You are making steady progress. Nice to see.

Final update on spring list:
    Annual file culling/shredding (will work with Mom to have her do the shredding since this makes her feel happy and productive) - done
    List several items on eBay - listed 5 items and sold 3. I still have a few more to list, but I feel like this was a good start.
    Complete cellar cleanout - done
    Complete decluttering of Mom's second floor - done
    Build storage shelf unit (this was on my list before, then I decided not to do it, now I have decided to proceed) - done with much help from DH!
    Continue room-by-room review and cull - ongoing. I did a real thorough cull of the upstairs cellar stairwell yesterday, and it is so much better. There was a lot of stuff in that tiny space, and DH had recently expressed how it was difficult for him to go up and down the stairs without bumping things or knocking them over (he is more than twice my size). I revisited the space with this input in mind, and now it is so much better.

Thread Information