Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Winter Challenge Anyone?

I am an out of sight out of mind person. Its the way I'm wired. So I will put all the things I need for an outing on the chair by the door. I keep paperwork in piles on my desk until its dealt with, separate piles for errands, to do's, fun things I want to make time for. If I put it in a drawer it would be forgotten. Lists don't work as well as seeing the physical objects. I do like tidy though, in the bathroom I have a designated basket in the linen closet where extra consumables are kept that I know to check before shopping. I try to have designated places for everything and duplicates for the things I use often (scissors on every floor for example). Its a hard balance sometimes between the need for tidy and the need for visual reminders.

Work on clearing the spare bed better and worse
    Start organizing the books in progress
    4 boxes 2 of 4
    Set up no screen days for Jan, Feb, and Mar done
    sort scraps for quilt working on it
    Work on tshirt quilt calling it done
    Stash busting in progress

Good news is I cleared off most of my stuff on the bed, bad news is husband is using it as a book holding area as he's currently working on the favorite author shelf. As it's contributing to the organize books project, I can't complain.

To make things easier for me I decided that the third Saturday of the month is the no screen day.

Found some leftover pieces from past quilt projects, some are already sewn together some are not. Added them to the pile and need to take measurements. Need to cut everything into the right size pieces, think I'll spend one evening a week cutting then sewing until I have enough blocks.

Calling the tshirt quilt done until I find the last of the shirts, they're somewhere safe so safe I forgot where. The thsirt quilt lives in a bin and if/when I find the shirts they will be immediately transferred.

Yppej
    Have lost 8 1/2 of the 10 pounds.

Excellent job, Jeppy!

Update:
    Annual file culling/shredding (will work with Mom to have her do the shredding since this makes her feel happy and productive) - done
    List several items on eBay - only one item so far
    Complete cellar cleanout - done
    Complete decluttering of Mom's second floor - done
    Build storage shelf unit (this was on my list before, then I decided not to do it, now I have decided to proceed)
    Continue room-by-room review and cull

Yppej
    I continue culling items and got rid of a book I had scribbled in so it's not donateable.

Work on clearing the spare bed still being used as a book staging area
    Start organizing the books in progress
    4 boxes 3 of 4
    Set up no screen days for Jan, Feb, and Mar done
    sort scraps for quilt done
    Work on tshirt quilt on hold
    Stash busting in progress

The bed is going to be a staging area until the books are on their new shelves. Almost to the end of sorting boxes, hoping the summer project will be switching to organizing. Started on putting together quilt blocks and forgot how much math is involved. Having fun playing with shapes and color.

Yppej
    Stayed on budget in February. Fully funded another year's Roth IRA.

Largely stuck on the file culling because I will see things from DS and it makes me sad because he is still estranged from me so I stop.

I've listed 4 items on eBay, so making progress there. Remaining to be listed are a t-shirt, and 28 Brooks Brothers ties. I won't list the ties individually, but will offer them as lots somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Stayed on budget in February. Fully funded another year's Roth IRA.

Largely stuck on the file culling because I will see things from DS and it makes me sad because he is still estranged from me so I stop.
    I'm sorry, Jeppy.

Thread Information