Thread: One Project Box a Day

One Project Box a Day

So a few months ago, in the extreme heat of summer, hunkered down indoors for a few days, I sorted my “mess” on my work table into Project Boxes. Everything needed, including any special tools, for a single specific project went into a box. This did prompt some evaluation of supplies, and really checking to see if I could “shop my stash” rather than more conveniently just buying another. Then the boxes were all stacked up. The weather changed, thankfully, and life in and outdoors resumed. Fast forward almost 6 months….

Yesterday I decided I should tackle One Project Box a Day during this intensely rainy season… lots of indoors only days. So I picked up a box that was filled with things needing hand hemming or mending. A perfect choice, since I no more settled in to work, than the power went out! My chair is by a window, the light was good enough to work all afternoon, with the dogs settled on the floor around me. By 4pm, I was finished. Ah, such satisfaction.

Today I chose a Project Box with machine sewing: 2 sets of pillow cases to be made from top sheets that match other sheets… Done! Washed and dried, put my down pillows in them, and then back on my bed. I had washed the ones I had been using also- they were designed too narrow for my pillows, awkward to use. Those went into the Donate box.

It was So Satisfying to focus on only the project in the box, knowing I had already evaluated and organized the materials.
    I think I have discovered the real benefits of decluttering and organizing!!

BRILLIANT!

That sounds very satisfying! I think many of us here are developing different strategies for eating the elephant one bite at a time!

That’s a great idea!! Interesting I don’t think the generation behind us is ever going to have an elephant to eat because they don’t save stuff like our generation.

What a great idea!

That is a great idea! Congrats!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information