Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: January Purge

I would bet my girl cat would very much like to chase mice because she is an active chaser of things, but the boy cat seems indifferent to moving objects.

I have wondered before if the hunting instinct is stronger in female cats. Even this little Princess pushed-in-face overbred cat from Germany loves to scuttle things across the floor, all the while boy cat looks on in boredom.

Haven't decluttered them yet but I am seriously thinking about getting rid of all my throw rugs. I have a handful I'd say. One that is neutral and the rest of more seasonal/holiday looking. They just seem to hold onto dirt/crumbs that would normally get swept up. I think I am going to put the current one away and see if anyone says anything about it for a few weeks. If no comments, they will go. If someone asks why the rug is gone, I'll bring it back and keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    Haven't decluttered them yet but I am seriously thinking about getting rid of all my throw rugs. I have a handful I'd say. One that is neutral and the rest of more seasonal/holiday looking. They just seem to hold onto dirt/crumbs that would normally get swept up. I think I am going to put the current one away and see if anyone says anything about it for a few weeks. If no comments, they will go. If someone asks why the rug is gone, I'll bring it back and keep them.
    As much as I love the idea of rugs on our wood floor, I may keep floors bare here for the convenience of cleaning.
    our floors get dirty in the summer requiring a daily sweep.

I cleared out all throw rugs in the kitchen and bathrooms due to fear of tripping. I don't miss them at all.

I always kept throw rugs at the front and back door only in winter to catch the snow and dirt. Now in my condo it’s not necessary as people lose their dirt in the hallway long before they get to my door.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I would bet my girl cat would very much like to chase mice because she is an active chaser of things, but the boy cat seems indifferent to moving objects.

I have wondered before if the hunting instinct is stronger in female cats. Even this little Princess pushed-in-face overbred cat from Germany loves to scuttle things across the floor, all the while boy cat looks on in boredom.
    That's the way it works in the lion kingdom.

Thread Information