Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January Purge

January Purge

Made sure anything that could be thrown out or recycled made it into the containers for today's pick. Surprised at how much "stuff" actually got recycled.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We had a new HVAC unit installed last month, so I had 3 old filters that don't fit our new system. Was able to give them away (porch pickup) via Facebook Marketplace. Just sold a pair of DH's pants on Poshmark and a paper crafting stamp pad organizer to a lady via FB MP today.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

A quilting blogger is doing Declutter in 21 Days. So far we all have 6 days under our belt. I got rid of two big black bags of trash, moved misc stuff to its proper home, started a big box of donations, found a lamp to donate, and am giving 6 books to a friend.

My quilting storage room now has ever box labeled and sorted, the books by theme, and a general tidying up done. Husband's comment was "wow I can see the floor".

Yppej
    A sweater with a hole. Have not bought any clothes in a while so the ones I have are wearing out.

A container for fireplace ashes. Too small and didn't have a lid.

I have people coming by this evening to pick up a vase full of starfish, and a package of dishtowels and a corkscrew. I also dropped off a bag of old clothing items (worn, stained, holes, etc) to our local fabric recycling bin.

Being at home now, I'm slowly taking the christmas tree down and going through the christmas boxes at the same time. Checking with kids if they want anything and purging a bunch of stuff. Starting out with three boxes and hoping to get down to two.

Success!! Down to two plastic boxes of Christmas stuff! Got rid of a few things, but most was a matter of re-organizing and proper packing. lol.
    Last edited by happystuff; 1-11-23 at 10:52am.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Completed the cleaning and reorganizing of the pantry. Still packed, but definitely neater.

Yppej
    My eczema, which I never had before being forced to wear a mask, now flares up every winter. I may get rid of some clothes with synthetic fabrics that especially irritate it. It won't leave me much to wear - will maybe have to dig out some summer T shirts and wear them with sweaters.

I gave away 3 pieces of clothing to a local woman who is my size.

Thread Information