Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January Purge

Yppej
    A water bottle that got all scuffed and ugly.

A sweater that I kept passing over when picking out something to wear and some gift bags that we never use.

This morning I got rid of Christmas gifts that others thought I really needed even though I had told them numerous times over the last few years as they got more popular that I did not want or need them.

So, what went out of my house were a bunch of microfiber cloths, a Swifter Wet Jet mop, and a Tupperware mini electric scrubber thingy.

Just listed a bunch of stationery, a kettlebell, and a Garmin GPS unit on local Buy Nothing group.

I got rid of some cleaning supplies that will never get used - a can of fabric sizing (if I only had Mrs. Miserly's address!), a bottle of stuff for getting the yellow out of curtains (when we stopped smoking that problem pretty much went away), one of the two cans of hairspray I have for removing ink stains from clothing, an ancient jar of specialty cleaner for cleaning pearls (pretty much evaporated, and not something I need to do often, not to mention that I don't really wear my pearls anymore in this Vista Camp Pants stage of life).
    As a funny aside, I will mention that I did NOT get rid of my small bottle of glycerin. My mother gave it to me about 30 years ago when I got a mustard stain on a favorite pair of pants. She said that was the secret trick for removing mustard stains. I have never gotten mustard on my clothing since that time, but if I do, well I am READY! And I think if I get rid of the glycerin, I will promptly spill mustard all over myself, so I keep it as a talisman of sorts.

Sold four diving books.

LOL. Too funny, rr, but you are probably right. Hold on to that glycerin!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Got rid of about 20 books on Buy Nothing group today. Went through kitchen cabinets as I had a lot of stuff I wasn’t interested in anymore. Waiting for someone to say they want the food. Except for a few slightly expired things, it’s all in date.

I love our new Goodwill. It is in a town 30 miles away, but it is on the road from
    hermann to St. louis, so it is no trouble to drop stuff off. They have easy drop off, and you just drive around a curve and park to go shopping.

All of their household merchandise is super clean.

Got rid of a good bit of canned goods, pasta, etc. Went to a family with 3 boys. I had posted my InstantPot, which I hardly use, the mother took it. Asked if she was interested in the canned goods, and she was. Glad it all went to someone who can really use it.

Thread Information