Thread: Life a week at a time

Life a week at a time

I am planning my life in weeks. About 3000-4000 weeks in a life. Long enough to do something of some size. This week I am going to work on getting the garden area's winter projects done (building a hugelkultur mound, perusing the ditches for transplants, mix some manure into the garden plots) and indoor stuff (money stuff, some community volunteer work).

I found I am bad with long lead times, as I procrastinate easily. Hopefully shorter chunks of time will work.

Good luck! I hope this method works for you and you get the things accomplished that you want.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I think that's a great idea! That's one of the cornerstone time management techniques in Steven Covey's book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

One of my project managers was so great at getting stuff done. She was so good for me, because I tend to procrastinate and over-analyze. So if I said to her, "well, let's sit on this for a day or so," she would say to me, "Let's just push it forward," meaning we didn't have to complete anything at that point, we just needed inch it ahead, even a little bit.

I still use that "mantra"--push it forward--if I'm feeling I want to put something off.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information