Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Put down your phone!

Wondering…. is there an app where you put in all the places you are going and it tells you the most efficient route to take?

Wow Catherine, you get maximum usage from your device! I do find mine to be a useful tool, but I only use it for the following:
    Text messaging
    Camera
    Phone calls
    Insight Timer (meditation app)
    Deposit checks (rarely)
    GPS
    Look something up with Google (when I'm out and about)
    I'm home a lot so tend to use my laptop more because I like having a mouse and keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Wondering…. is there an app where you put in all the places you are going and it tells you the most efficient route to take?
    Google Maps now will tell you how fuel efficient a route is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Warns about construction or speed traps too.

I use my phone for everything. Have a new iPad and I’m transitioning to it for when I’m at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I meant is there an app that if you put all the addresses in…. it will tell you the most efficient route… so you are not backtracking etc.

Love my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I meant is there an app that if you put all the addresses in…. it will tell you the most efficient route… so you are not backtracking etc.

Love my iPad
    Yes, when I did Meals on Wheels I had 6 addresses to deliver to, and I used the map app to figure out the most efficient route.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I love the map app. I don't know if this is common being a Luddite, but I use the map app voice directions through my Bluetooth in the car. I'm still a little green on this, but I think you can enter addresses with a voice command. If you take a wrong turn, it will get you back on course. I was surprised when it warned my about the speed trap ahead and it routes you around bottle necks like accidents and construction. Other than access to an actual phone when ever you want to carry it along, the map app is about the best use, in my opinion.

Agreed, I love the map ap. I am even TOO dependent on it now. When I went to Nashville last fall for a flower show seminar, I didn’t even have an analog backup. That is dangerous because I would have been completely lost without the phone.

Okay---what the world needs now is telephone implants, that are connected directly to your brain. That way, you can control your phone directly, with your thoughts. Plus--you've always got it with you. See? The technology is just around the corner, as soon as they develop vaccines for cancer & world peace. Yup. Hope that helps you kids some. As Always2023-01-03 (4).jpg2022-09-30 (10).jpg

Thread Information