Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Put down your phone!

I hate the maps that tell you the fastest route to get somewhere. I always get lost that way, because they have been going some weird route with endless turns. I mostly just want the most direct way to get somewhere. Take two freeways and get off? Yea see that's what I'm looking for, not this turn right, then left, then right then right then a u-turn business. But that might take me 10 minutes more? Oh yea and how much time do they think getting lost takes me because it can be a lot more than that.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I hate the maps that tell you the fastest route to get somewhere. I always get lost that way, because they have been going some weird route with endless turns. I mostly just want the most direct way to get somewhere. Take two freeways and get off? Yea see that's what I'm looking for, not this turn right, then left, then right then right then a u-turn business. But that might take me 10 minutes more? Oh yea and how much time do they think getting lost takes me because it can be a lot more than that.
    If I'm going somewhere in a new part of town or new town, or other place I've never been, the other option I used in my even more luddite role was to print out directions at home or at least memorize the route. I still take a look at the map before going somewhere and don't always follow the map app. Most of the time though, the map app is very useful. Especially in totally new places.

The amount of information that can be retrieved from a cell phone the size of a candy bar is really astounding when you think about it--and I often do. But I mostly keep mine at hand as an emergency measure, while using the laptop for everything non-phone related.

Still not what I am referring to…. guess there must not be an app to input many addresses and have it tell in which order to stop at each so you don’t have to backtrack?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Still not what I am referring to…. guess there must not be an app to input many addresses and have it tell in which order to stop at each so you don’t have to backtrack?
    I bet Uber and Amazon use such a thing. ETA: Is this what you're looking for? https://getcircuit.com/route-planner...e-planner-apps

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Yes, that's what I was describing with my Meals on Wheels delivery.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yes, that's what I was describing with my Meals on Wheels delivery.
    Guess I will have to try it out but per google maps…

“The simple fact is that route optimization with Google Maps doesn’t exist.”

There is a circuit tool available for price that Jane mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Google Maps really pissed me off when I was driving to/from FL in December. Wanted me to go through Atlanta, which is the worst way due to congestion. You can easily lose 2-3 hours. I had a route going through AL and the FL panhandle. I would have that route chosen and then it would switch me back to the Atlanta route. I switched to Apple Maps then, which wouldn’t switch me without my knowledge.

With any of the map apps have an add a stop function. Just add them in a row and see what you get.

I’m fascinated at the idea of pants without pockets. For me the whole point of pants IS the pockets. As unfashionable as they are I wear cargo shorts approximately 365 days of the year because I like having all the pockets.

Even when women's clothes have pockets they are often non functional- either sewn shut or too small to hold anything larger than a credit card.

Thread Information