Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Put down your phone!

Put down your phone!

We are going to see Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle when they perform in St. Louis. Chapelle has, for many years, required that his audience lock their phones during his concerts. He uses a system where you put your phone in a bag and it’s locked, and you have the bag with you, but you can’t get to your phone. When you leave the concert venue there’s a device where you unlock the phone from its case.

I think that’s pretty interesting, this new technology to keep us in the old ways.

Okay---Pesky Cell Phones are more trouble than they are worth. Yup. See----the alleged Idaho Stabbing(s) suspect left a trail of cellphone tracking, by taking his phone with him, when he allegedly did the awful things he is accused of. It may be a setup. See? Also, even if you aren;'t an exceptionally evil person(like he is alleged to have been), you are essentially on a leash with one o' them things! How many times have I seen aisle-blockers, egg-checkers, bread (and meat) squeezers squeezing one-handed while on the phone to their Master? No need to answer, as it is a rhetorical quiession. Yup. But yeah----let's hypothesize; some gal, for some strange reason, will bee exceptionally friendly to littlebittymee for no good reason. And if I respond, even by just saying hello, ma'am, and later on said wummun imagines that a mysterious stalker is driving past their home, which is located on a major thoroughfare that I (coincidentally) frequently use, then I would be under suspicion! See? If I leave my phone home at all times, I have no proof of my whereabnouts. If I keep my phone with me at all times, well---there's your proof! Damned if I do, damned if I don't. We eventually find that her friendliness was a ploy to induce her present BF to move in with her & be her slave, by making it appear that she has other suitors. Yup. A tactic often used. But, that's just an example; not an active situation. Also, say you have workers on the job. They stop work, to answer the electronic leash to take a call. It is bad news of some sort. After the call;, their mind is not on their work, and they may even have to leave early. Thus, you can't get stuff done on time. See? Hope that helps you recognize how evil cell phones really are. Thankk Mee.

I hate my cell phone, but the tickets are on it. I cannot get an entry into this event without a cell phone.

I was reading about the B-52s final tour and they were asked why they were quitting. One of them said he was tired of looking out into the audience and seeing a bunch of people holding up their cell phones so the ones behind them couldn't see. I think it was partially in jest, but not entirely.

I don't imagine a voluntary request would go too far. Some people have a problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---Pesky Cell Phones are more trouble than they are worth. Yup. See----the alleged Idaho Stabbing(s) suspect left a trail of cellphone tracking, by taking his phone with him, when he allegedly did the awful things he is accused of. It may be a setup. See? Also, even if you aren;'t an exceptionally evil person(like he is alleged to have been), you are essentially on a leash with one o' them things! How many times have I seen aisle-blockers, egg-checkers, bread (and meat) squeezers squeezing one-handed while on the phone to their Master? No need to answer, as it is a rhetorical quiession. Yup. But yeah----let's hypothesize; some gal, for some strange reason, will bee exceptionally friendly to littlebittymee for no good reason. And if I respond, even by just saying hello, ma'am, and later on said wummun imagines that a mysterious stalker is driving past their home, which is located on a major thoroughfare that I (coincidentally) frequently use, then I would be under suspicion! See? If I leave my phone home at all times, I have no proof of my whereabnouts. If I keep my phone with me at all times, well---there's your proof! Damned if I do, damned if I don't. We eventually find that her friendliness was a ploy to induce her present BF to move in with her & be her slave, by making it appear that she has other suitors. Yup. A tactic often used. But, that's just an example; not an active situation. Also, say you have workers on the job. They stop work, to answer the electronic leash to take a call. It is bad news of some sort. After the call;, their mind is not on their work, and they may even have to leave early. Thus, you can't get stuff done on time. See? Hope that helps you recognize how evil cell phones really are. Thankk Mee.

Since I am not accused of stalking anyone very often I guess I’m not terribly concerned about my phone revealing my whereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I hate my cell phone, but the tickets are on it. I cannot get an entry into this event without a cell phone.
    Could you print the tickets out from your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Could you print the tickets out from your phone?
    I haven’t tried. I assume there’s a barcode that can be printed. I thought I would probably print them and take them with me to have as a back up.

Okay----Are these tickjicks to see Saul McPieman? Or, are they tickicks to see Dillon? Or msaybe Ellton? Maybe Joe Bonnnamesssy, THE Greatest Guitar player who has EVER lived! Yup. It seems like all the elderly teeny-boppers just HAVE to see them, irregardless of the cost or risks. Two of my former F-book friends in Spokanistan, good demmmacrats usually just complaining about their impoverished existences on account of re-pubs, changed the subject when they learned that to their delight, Moron 5 was appearing in Concert in See-I'm Addled, 300 miles away! They agreed that they needed to order tickkickls NOW, to get the best seats, and reserve a hotel room.. Yup. But yeah---the takeaway, FauxLily, is to just cut your losses & stay home. Getting out to a large venue wherer there's a crowd, may attract a Tee-Vee educated maniac, who attempts to set a kill record in a copycat attackk. See? Just like our former poster from Doo-Doo town---first, her daughter was an employee at the theater where the crazed grad student attackkked, and then later on, a ditched BF, a Bro dfum da hood, shot her cousdin(the ex-gf's Daddy) and den wuz shot by de po-leese, even though Black Lives Martter! Yup. Avoid crowds, avoid traffic, avoid diversity.. Avoid places where people are consduming alcohol & drugs & food, such as the Beverly Hills sUPPER cLUB w/aluminum wiring OR 7-11 mISSSSIPPP[ISSSI, WHERE DA PERPS ARE WAITING OUTSIDE FOR YOU.. .Treaffic is Murder, too. . Stay in your home; it is the ONLY place you can legitimately defend yourself. Unless, of course--- your Domestic Partner assaults you. You'll go to jail, if you fight back. Niow you know. Hope that helps you some.2023-01-09.jpg2023-01-09.jpg2022-07-22 (8).jpg2022-08-15 (8).jpg2023-01-03 (4).jpg

Iris, are you a Luddite?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Iris, are you a Luddite?
    I hate my cell phone because it is very small, it’s an old apple 6e and also I don’t have pockets so I have no convenient way to carry it with me.

I’m not a Luddite because I’m on an iPad many many many hours a day.

Thread Information