Thread: Vacation Trip To Easter Island....

Vacation Trip To Easter Island....

Okay-----Easter Island is even more remote than IWAH. Clear out in the middle O' nowhere. But yeah---there's these enormous stone statues, to see. Maybe you can even take a photo of yourself standing next to one! See---the early residents were shipwrecked there, and had little to do, but carve statues, hoping a passing ship would notice & come by and rescue them. Yup. So--They might even have some yummy FOOD at the local rest-o-rants. Give 'er a try! What have you got to lose, except time, money, or your life if the plane crashes? Hope that helps you some.2023-01-12 (3).jpg2022-07-22 (8).jpg

Oh - that reminds me of my all-time most favorite acapella tune! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibiS26Tky40

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay-----Easter Island ... -the early residents were shipwrecked there, and had little to do, but carve statues, hoping a passing ship would notice & come by and rescue them.
    I think you are thinking of Pitcairn Island, which was settled by the mutinous Bounty crew in 1790, after they burned their ship. (The previous Polynesian settlers occupied the islands for ~400 years or so, starting in the 11th Century, and then became extinct/abandoned the settlement due to trade war.)

Easter Island was settled earlier, during a period of Polynesian expansion, and not by people who were shipwrecked - they brought all of the tools and technologies to establish their culture. For a while....

I would not recommend visiting Pitcairn Island - the people are horrid. Their language is sort of cool though!

Okay---I was researching Ellesmere Island, which is way up north in the Canadian Arctic, and about the size of Nebraska. But yeah---if the USA could sign a 200-year lease on the island, why a safe space for disgruntled, dissatisfied, and dissolussioned Americans could be established. Alphabet people, Pocs, hollyweirdos, unsweetened, and of course, gods chosen could all relocate there, and live in peace and harmony. Yup.

Unsweetened---meant unsheltered.

Thread Information