Thread: I feel very fortunate

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

I feel very fortunate

Just as I stated, I feel very fortunate. My latest news is that I asked for Thursday mornings off so that I could take a hybrid class in Spanish at Phoenix College, a local community college. I didn't think I'd get approval here but amazingly enough I did - surprising to me as we are still short on staff to the point where I am doing some of my former front end supervisor duties on top of my AGM responsibilities.

I really feel lucky as far as work goes these days and those of you who have read my drivel for some time, I'm just as surprised as anyone else that I'm taking work seriously and am taking some measure of pride in my progress and my productivity. For many years I did not believe I was capable of such. Nothing is ever perfect, neither is this job, but I find myself in an environment where I can shine and don't mind working hard.

I'll try swinging by here more often, I have not been coming by here as much lately due to being busy. Rob

I would think the more Spanish you know the more valuable you are as a manager.

Good stuff! And I agree with sweetana about Spanish.

Yppej
    With the labor shortage I think a lot of workers are being appreciated more. It's good to see. I am also more patient as a customer knowing many people are new to their roles and still learning. Stereotypes are crumbling too. I see more women in the trades. One rotated the tires on my car today.

Good for you, Rob! Your progress into getting and then doing this job has been wonderful.
    Last edited by happystuff; 1-23-23 at 8:57am.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That’s great Rob!! You deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That’s great Rob!! You deserve it.

Definitely!

Rob, good news. And you are already rather conversant in Spanish if I remember correctly.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob, good news. And you are already rather conversant in Spanish if I remember correctly.
    Conversant yes and I can often make myself understood plus I have the perk of practicing at home.....but my grammar sucks and it's just time to learn Spanish right. I will say the first class was very basic - but duh, why would I expect anything else? I'd like to take 102 and 201 and Spanish 202 too.....but we'll see. And here's another perk. If I get a B or better, my employer reimburses tuition AND this instructor does not use a textbook - other than meeting once a week, it's all online. Rob

Tuition covered? Nice!

Thread Information