Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you fly now?

Yppej
    My SIL moved to Hawaii which I always wanted to see, but the thought of flying is just too repellant.

Thought that if I ever flew again it would be to give support to DB1 in the event of a funeral (if he lost his wife or inlaws) but now he avoids me so I don't expect I would burden him with my presence.

I don’t enjoy flying but it’s the only way to get to where I want to go quickly and I won’t leave my dogs for more than 2 weeks. Coming home from Ireland I was offered the opportunity to upgrade both flights to economy plus for 145 total. What a difference a foot of leg/seat room makes. It was so comfortable!

I enjoy traveling - including international. Was never really able to do much of it in my younger days (some, but not what I consider a lot). Now, I am ready and willing to travel - domestic and international - when the appropriate circumstances arise.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I was just reminded of this YouTube clip with Louis CK on the Conan O'Brien show. I have always loved this clip. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, if you jump to 2:38, you'll get to the part most relevant for this thread. It's about people who take things for granted--in this case technology.

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I was just reminded of this YouTube clip with Louis CK on the Conan O'Brien show. I have always loved this clip. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, if you jump to 2:38, you'll get to the part most relevant for this thread. It's about people who take things for granted--in this case technology.

”You’re sitting in a chair…in the sky!” appreciate it, people!

hahah

Unfortunately, I’m flying in December to go back to MX for a week of cave diving. No way am I going Southworst this time. I paid $1073 for a business class ticket on AA. That is only $300 more than my cattle class ticket on Southworst in August (ticket bought in May). I’ll have more room and be at the front of the plane. Hope it’ll be a slightly better experience. Applied for global entry, but may not be able to get an interview before I go.

Okay---I am flying to Lundumb for the Corronation of St. Charlie, next month. So yeah---anya you kids planning to go? See--I need someone to pay my way and carry my luggage thru the terminal. Also, I want to see the sights---haunted castles, old gallows, stuff like that. So anyway---hope that helps you some.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---I am flying to Lundumb for the Corronation of St. Charlie, next month. So yeah---anya you kids planning to go? See--I need someone to pay my way and carry my luggage thru the terminal. Also, I want to see the sights---haunted castles, old gallows, stuff like that. So anyway---hope that helps you some.
    Have you ever actually been out of this country?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Have you ever actually been out of this country?
    Okay---I been out o' this country, a couple times. Not worth the trouble, really. Plus, I get to missing my catts & doggs. But yeah---I'm staying IN this country, and on the home turf. Zurra tourism is enough, for mee. Yup. Hope that helpps you some.

12 flights in the last month. March 28 up/back to Sacramento Southwest for a consulting meeting. April 1 LAX to Paris to Tel Aviv, delayed thirty minutes leaving CDG due to work slowdown. Return yesterday Amman to London to LAX. We were in Israel, Egypt and Jordan. We had six flights of up to 90 minutes while in the region. Fascinating region, especially Jordan.

Thread Information