Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I recently read an article about Natalia Grace. What an interestingly creepy story.
    The documentary changed my mind 180 degrees.

The adoptive parents are ruthlessly horrible people.
    The little girl with dwarfism now 20 years old, is damaged but probably not a sociopath.

The court aged her up somthat she is now, legally, 33 or 35 but that is not right. There is consistent evidence, medical and her biological mother (verified with DNA test) that show her born in 2003, but she could be a couple years older than that, but only a few.

After “aging her up” legally her parents rented an apartment for her, kicked her out. In real life she would have been 8-10 years old.

Her father was put on trial for abandonment, but for a legal technicality, the jury was not allowed to hear testimony about her age. So, he was charged with abandonment of a disabled person. Thevjury acquitted him, largely because they were boxed in.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The documentary changed my mind 180 degrees.

The adoptive parents are ruthlessly horrible people.
    The little girl with dwarfism now 20 years old, is damaged but probably not a sociopath.

The court aged her up somthat she is now, legally, 33 or 35 but that is not right. There is consistent evidence, medical and her biological mother (verified with DNA test) that show her born in 2003, but she could be a couple years older than that, but only a few.

After “aging her up” legally her parents rented an apartment for her, kicked her out. In real life she would have been 8-10 years old.

Her father was put on trial for abandonment, but for a legal technicality, the jury was not allowed to hear testimony about her age. So, he was charged with abandonment of a disabled person. Thevjury acquitted him, largely because they were boxed in.
    Interesting! I definitely came away with the opposite impression from the article, although it did sound like the couple didn't have a healthy relationship given the mention of a subsequent bitter divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Interesting! I definitely came away with the opposite impression from the article, although it did sound like the couple didn't have a healthy relationship given the mention of a subsequent bitter divorce.
    this documentary spends MUCH camera time on the father and he is such a drama queen. He would win an acting award, but only from the Hallmark channel because his acting is so bad. He makes the entire Nathalie episode all about him. And of course, because of the divorce, he throws his wife under the bus many times, and she does seem to be peculiarly controlling.

She made that little girl stand with her nose against the wall for 10 hours as a form of punishment, there is quite a bit of evidence that she set the little girl up to look and sound like a Sociopath. She made their eldest son urinate in Natalie’s bed.

The worst thing she did in her ex-husband’s eyes is to emasculate him by… withholding sex. Yes, that is what our take away is supposed to be that she’s an evil evil woman because of this.

There are so many things so awful about Natalie and her early life and her life with these people and then her life after they kicked her out. It is a total shit show.

Okay----I happened across a lengthy Viet Vet interview of a guy named Bob Martin. Well, I've sat-n-watched quite a few viet vet interviews, and even though summa the vets had been young idealistic kids looking for an adventure when they enlisted in the Army/Marines, they were pretty glad to get outta 'nam after their first tour(11 months). What practically all them observed about nam was that it stunk. So anyway---one notable exception is Bob Martin. He was all set to join the Marines, but joined the Army, instead, so's he could go fight godless com-nizzum. Not only that, but he did 4 tours---yes--four---and was a decorated veteran on his fisrt tour! Yup. And THEN, after his military career, he joined the Chiucago police department. Yup. Now, he lives in the Idaho Panhandle. But yeah---his interview, replete with anecdotes is VERY entertaining. Plus, he has a very distinctive laugh. Now, I see that he's got a published memoir out. Maybe I'll order a copy, some day. It's bound to have some gory stories, about killin' gooks n stuff. Yup. Hope that helps you some.2023-06-08 (2).jpg2023-06-08 (3).jpg2023-05-15 (4).jpg

We watched Lonesome Dove on DVD and it was fantastic! Everyone said it did the book justice, and I agree. Now I realize that the series came out in 1988, so this isn't exactly a news flash to most people, but better late than never for us.

Lonesome Dove is one of my husband's all time favorites.

“The Thick of It,” a British comedy by Jesse Armstrong that was the prototype for America’s “Veep.” Since I think “Veep” is the funniest comedy ever made, I had to watch “The Thick of It” about self-centered politicians who care about nothing other than staying in power and getting closer to the central seat of power. They are all despicable, much like the characters on succession, and I love them all.

I breeze through the documentary series about the Duggar family called something like “shiny happy people.” They are pretty awful. But I never watched that television show since I don’t like shows about happy sappy people, see above.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    White House Plumbers. About the fellows that broke into the DNC and destroyed Nixon’s presidency. What a bunch of idiots.
    Hilariously idiotic. Far more idiotic than I believe they were IRL.

I followed Liddy's career a bit after Watergate, but lost track of E. Howard Hunt. Woody Harrelson, whom I'll watch in just about anything, made EHH complex AND idiotic, so that was good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My wife and I binged the entire season a week or so ago, I thought it was excellent! Just read this morning that a second season has been ordered so we'll be looking forward to that.
    "Diplomat"
    Enjoying it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Lonesome Dove is one of my husband's all time favorites.
    Mine too!
    We are big Larry McMurtry fans. Someday going to do a trilogy watch of Last Picture Show, Texasville, and Duane's Depressed.

Thread Information