Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Finding Your Roots, PBS.
    I enjoy that show and am glad they're airing some new ones.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Do you think Ray Liotta’s soul is amused in the afterlife that the last film he finished was “Cocaine Bear”?

Not watching - but binge-listening to a podcast called Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney. She started investigating this family years ago. I'm trying to get caught up to the current trial. Oh want a tangled web we weave...
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Okay----There's a book out there in particular that I might read, if I can ever find a copy. It's titled: "The Girl Scout Tragedy of 1959 and its aftermath", authored by T.L. Weitzel. Anya you kids got a copy to lend mee? So anyway---it's about the time in 1959 in Beaver Creek, Ohio, when 8 Girl Scouts and their two adult leaders went to the local lirrrarrarry, and on the trip back, the 1959 Chevy station Wagon they were riding in crossed a train track, just as a train as approaching, and they collided. . Well, all of them died, and the 59 Chevy was demolished. There is a memorial at a nearby park, and the railroad line is now a rec trail. So anyway---every so often, the community has some kind of memorial service about the incident. But yeah, the book prolly won't be suspenseful, and prolly too mawkish, so if I dont locate a copy o' the book, no biggie. Thank mee.2023-01-22 (25).jpgEdited to add: This should be under: "What are you reading in '23". But yeah: Ooops. So anyway---here is a photo of the crash site, decades later. 2023-02-13 (19).jpg
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 2-14-23 at 10:06am.

I finally dropped my Apple TV subscription, one that I only had it for a few months anyway to watch Severence. But since I had it, I watched Ted Lasso which was very good, deserving of its allocates.

but then I got interested in a show about espionage called Tehran. I am into Israeli television shows these days. So I watched a few episodes, and I had to steel myself to watch each one because it was too scary. And yesterday I figured out that when I have to actually prepare myself to watch an entertainment show, and stop it during disturbing scenes…that is no longer entertainment.

since that was the only decent thing on Apple TV, I dropped the subscription.

My favorite show, the most brilliant television show of recent years, Succession, is coming back on March 26. I will wait for all episodes to drop and then will start up an HBO subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Not watching - but binge-listening to a podcast called Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney. She started investigating this family years ago. I'm trying to get caught up to the current trial. Oh want a tangled web we weave...
    Mandy Matney's podcasts are wonderful!! I started watching the trial two weeks ago and posted here about it. Did you watch the sentencing? Judge Newman's sentencing speech should be required viewing--I have never seen anything like it. Justice was done in that verdict. Amazing trial, so many twists and turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Mandy Matney's podcasts are wonderful!! I started watching the trial two weeks ago and posted here about it. Did you watch the sentencing? Judge Newman's sentencing speech should be required viewing--I have never seen anything like it. Justice was done in that verdict. Amazing trial, so many twists and turns.
    I had just heard a radio person, pontificate about the murder jury who had just gone out to start deliberating. He theorize they would be back within a week, but it would take at least a few days. – I think it took like two hours? The general consensus I heard on the radio that day was Murda is obviously Guilty but the prosecution may not have proven it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I had just heard a radio person, pontificate about the murder jury who had just gone out to start deliberating. He theorize they would be back within a week, but it would take at least a few days. – I think it took like two hours? The general consensus I heard on the radio that day was Murda is obviously Guilty but the prosecution may not have proven it.
    Yes, there was a real disconnect between what the pundits were saying and what you were witnessing if you watched the trial. That was one of the things Mandy talked about, as well as Fits News, that the news outlets like Court TV were reporting things that were not actually happening, probably from spin by Dick Harpootlian, saying things like the jury was crying, when those actually in the courtroom said they were not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Yes, I did watch the sentencing! Judge Newman is my new personal hero. I loved the part where he said that the Murdaughs had prosecuted so many over the years who got worse sentences for less. Just think of the spirits of the Blacks and other People of Color who were wrongly accused and convicted and put to death or life in prison surrounding Newman and laying hands on him. So powerful. I think when Alex said that Maggie and Paul do visit him every day and every night, he basically admitted he murdered them.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Yes, I did watch the sentencing! Judge Newman is my new personal hero. I loved the part where he said that the Murdaughs had prosecuted so many over the years who got worse sentences for less. Just think of the spirits of the Blacks and other People of Color who were wrongly accused and convicted and put to death or life in prison surrounding Newman and laying hands on him. So powerful. I think when Alex said that Maggie and Paul do visit him every day and every night, he basically admitted he murdered them.
    I agree.

I also found it eerie that exactly 3 years to the day from the night Mallory died, Alex took the stand.
    And then exactly 3 years to the day they found her body, he was sentenced.

Thread Information