Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cat nails

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Also known as "murder mittens."
    I’ll tell you I wish my tiny cat would sink her claws into my bulldog’s big fat face just once.

The two are not friends. His worst trait which earned him Time Out this morning is stealing the ONE toy she loves. He takes it and chews it up. I really am very angry at him for this. He has always been a jealous little jerk, which is why I cannot have other dogs even foster dogs around.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’ll tell you I wish my tiny cat would sink her claws into my bulldog’s big fat face just once.

The two are not friends. His worst trait which earned him Time Out this morning is stealing the ONE toy she loves. He takes it and chews it up. I really am very angry at him for this. He has always been a jealous little jerk, which is why I cannot have other dogs even foster dogs around.
    I hope you have duplicate backups for The Toy.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I hope you have duplicate backups for The Toy.
    Big dumb oaf chewed it into 2 pieces which might be a blessing to in disguise, making 2 toys. I don’t think she noticed her “kitten” got decapitated.

i have another one on order, am hoping it is exactly the same thing.

Okay----As always---I have a brilliant idea. What is needed is more catts at your place. This way, the bullldogg will be forced to acknoledge that it is outnumbers; that it is futile to continue harasssing and annnoying the cattt. Yup. BTW, source your catts locally, NOT from the Frou-Frou cattt rescue group. See? Also, the dogg will realize that live catts can be good company while resting, as they economize by sharing body heat. See? Hope thatt helps you some.2022-07-22 (8).jpg

Can I ask about the tool used?
    Is it the same tool that is used on dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Can I ask about the tool used?
    Is it the same tool that is used on dogs?
    I have two clippers, neither very sharp apparently. i think they were both purchased for dog nails.

any more, i take my dog to the vet to have his nails clipped.

I have a special pair of scissors that seem well designed for the job. I bought them from my vet many, many moons ago. I don't know the brand, but they look a lot like these

I clip my cats' nails once a month when I give them their flea/tick/worm/ear mite medicine. They tolerate it fine because it's been their norm since they were babies. I sit them down on their butts on my lap and clip their nails. They don't fight me. They know the sooner it gets done, the sooner they get treats for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I have a special pair of scissors that seem well designed for the job. I bought them from my vet many, many moons ago. I don't know the brand, but they look a lot like these
    I will probably have to buy new tools since mine seen not sharp.will consider this model.

I had one cat who would let me trim her nails, sitting in my lap, so compliant. Anytime.

My current cat would shred me to kingdom come. I've tried. So, we just let them grow. She rarely tries clawing furniture. I find a shed claw every once in a while on the floor.

So I guess my advice is, if you can get them used to it, good on you. Since they've been compliant before, I'd keep trying, starting with just petting their paws, massaging, whenever they're on your lap or next to you and graduating to clipping. Then if needed, Jane's suggestion of the burrito method. But they may find that too traumatic. Mine did. But I don't think she's ever been bound. She doesn't even like to be picked up.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information