Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: What are you reading in 2023?

Can’t remember if I posted these - Fourth Wing and Iron Flame, bot by Rebecca Yarros. Military war college with dragons and their rides. Fabulous books. Both came out this year.

Valdemar, last book in a trilogy about the founding of Valdemar. It’s a long running fantasy series that started in the late 80s. I picked up the first books in the early 90s. Author is now about 80 and still writing! It was a great book and filled in a lot of bits mentioned in passing in the other books.

Iris and Rogar....just starting This Tender Land by Wm Krueger. Have you read it?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Iris and Rogar....just starting This Tender Land by Wm Krueger. Have you read it?
    That one is on my list.

This past Saturday (12/30/23) I decided to head over to our local Barnes & Noble to pick up a new Leuchtturm1917 Journal. I had to troll for a parking spot - the place was packed!
    The check out line was about 30+ deep the entire time I was there. It was great seeing so many people - young and old shopping and buying books! I purchased Nita Prose's The Mystery Guest, Fredrik Backman's Anxious People and a random John Grisham book - The Rooster Bar. I didn't care what Grisham book I purchased - I just like his style of writing and I hadn't read this one before.

The Oregon Trail by Rinker Buck. I had thought it would be a history book but it's actually about a man and his brother who decide to do the 2100 miles of Oregon Trail by covered wagon and mule. in about 2010. Plus some history.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Not yet. Since I just finished a Krueger book I'll give it a break, but that is a good one for the list. He has an easy reading style.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    This past Saturday (12/30/23) I decided to head over to our local Barnes & Noble to pick up a new Leuchtturm1917 Journal. I had to troll for a parking spot - the place was packed!
    The check out line was about 30+ deep the entire time I was there. It was great seeing so many people - young and old shopping and buying books! I purchased Nita Prose's The Mystery Guest, Fredrik Backman's Anxious People and a random John Grisham book - The Rooster Bar. I didn't care what Grisham book I purchased - I just like his style of writing and I hadn't read this one before.
    Great to hear!

Thread Information