Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid people

Stupid people

I am just totally done with stupid people, both IRL and online. I’m calling them out it. I don’t care if people get offended or upset.

Uneducated, ignorant, rural people are a large part of it. Religious zealots that breed like rabbits, spread all sorts of conspiracy theory crap. You don’t have to have formal education to be educated. Go pick up a book. But the mentality, OMG. And it’s both sides of the political spectrum.

My default of b*tch is coming out full force. I’m done being nice. Yes, I’ve become a snob. And I don’t really care. Trash is trash. I hate everyone equally.

I’ve had to stop going several places online I was active because the ignorance is astounding.

The worse is willful ignorance, anti-intellectualism as a badge of honor in certain circles. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    The worse is willful ignorance, anti-intellectualism as a badge of honor in certain circles. Ugh.
    When intellectualism is closely associated with ridiculous fringe-left ideology only accepted as normal on University campuses, I am somewhat sympathetic to the anti-intellectuals.

Okay----I'm glad to see that you kids are finally beginning to see what I've known all along. That's why it's hard to relate to summa these people, around here. Or anywhere. See? But yeah---for an example, I sat-n-watched another video from the 6th floor museum, where they interviewed the guy who gave Oswald a ride to work on that dreadful deadly day in Dealy in downtown Dallas. Well, the guys' narrative style is typical of what you find in certain individuals in the mid-south, and after all of these years, he has obviously caught on to the fact that you've got have something conspiratorial to believe in, especially if you are in anyway associated with the real event of that day. It is your stock-in-trade. They added that his book was available in the bookstore, downstairs. Autographed, of course. But yeah---$4000 stupid bull tickkicks. That affirms what the OP asserts. Yup. Hope that helps you some.

Stopping going to several places online seems like it would be a good stress reducer for you. There are some places online to collect accurate information, but it's wise to filter out the riff-raff and ignore them rather than get angry. It's sort of like Judge Judy. You really don't have to watch it.

Perfect example of stupid:

I was just getting gas at lunch. Some young gal starts nattering at me in Spanish. I’m a pale Northern European, so where she got the idea I spoke Spanish, I have no clue. I told her in English that I don’t speak Spanish. She then asks me in perfect English where some business was located. All this whole she’s holding a smartphone. I told her Google Maps is her friend and left.

I just got kicked off a Facebook group dedicated to color in interior design. The thread was from a woke mom who made a beautiful nursery for her son but she felt compelled to lecture to us all about colors and gender. I was not the first nor the second to respond to the lecture, but when it went on and on I said “ this is irritating. Let us discuss this beautiful rug,”

No more Facebook color maximalist interactions for me! Cancelled!

So yeah, stupid moderating. What not just zap the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Perfect example of stupid:

I was just getting gas at lunch. Some young gal starts nattering at me in Spanish. I’m a pale Northern European, so where she got the idea I spoke Spanish, I have no clue. I told her in English that I don’t speak Spanish. She then asks me in perfect English where some business was located. All this whole she’s holding a smartphone. I told her Google Maps is her friend and left.
    I would have found this mildly puzzling--like was she sizing me up for some nefarious reason--but not anger-inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I just got kicked off a Facebook group dedicated to color in interior design. The thread was from a woke mom who made a beautiful nursery for her son but she felt compelled to lecture to us all about colors and gender. I was not the first nor the second to respond to the lecture, but when it went on and on I said “ this is irritating. Let us discuss this beautiful rug,”

No more Facebook color maximalist interactions for me! Cancelled!

So yeah, stupid moderating. What not just zap the thread.
    So, I assume that if you decorated your baby boys' room with football posters, and football paraphernalia, and dressed the kid in baby football jerseys, then he would develop a foo'baw identity, and make that his vocation or avocation? Maybe it would've helped to just axed a harmless quession, than to zing the woke mom in the presence of other wok-eees. But yeah---they are ninnies, no doubt.

A read of the book "Four Thousand Weeks" might cause a person to lose patience when when encountering other people who are bent on dishonest discourse or buffoonery.

Gentle instruction of people who are simply ignorant is usually worth 1-2 tries, but not much more.

Thread Information