Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I will teach you to be rich-Ramit Sathi

I will teach you to be rich-Ramit Sathi

I’ve been listening to this guy’s podcast. Man, he is good. He does interviews with one couple to fill up entire podcast. He drills down into the psychology of money.

What is interesting is that he interviews a fair number of couples who actually have money. They have assets of $350,000. $500,000. Etc. And they still have trouble in their relationship about money.

I think he’s the new Mr. money mustache for the millennials and Gen Z.. He’s really entertaining. Has anyone else heard him?
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-6-23 at 9:05pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’ve been listening to this guy’s podcast. Man, he is good. He’s he does interviews with one couple to fill up entire podcast. He drill sound into the psychology of money. I think he is VERY way good.

What is interesting is that he interviews a fair number of couples who actually have money. They have assets of third and 50,000. 500,000. And they still have trouble in their relationship about money.

I think he’s the new Mr. money mustache for the milliniells.he’s really entertaining. Has anyone else heard him?
    Did he have a book? That is ringing a bell. I'd like to listen to his podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Did he have a book? That is ringing a bell. I'd like to listen to his podcast.
    Oh, yes, he has a book and perhaps several of them. He has courses that he sells as well. But I listen to his podcast for free on Spotify.

Hmm.. I'd like to check him out!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Is he himself rich? If so, did he become rich by selling advice on how to become rich?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Is he himself rich? If so, did he become rich by selling advice on how to become rich?
    I don’t know if he himself is rich.

In the few podcasts I’ve heard, he’s not telling people how to accumulate wealth. He’s talking to people about making financial decisions that support their values. His schtick is getting “ a rich life.”

In the podcasts he leads people, through questioning, to understand their attitudes and core values about money. He has them analyze if their money habits get them where they want to be in life.

He’s selling good financial psychology. In other words, figure out what your values are and what your goals in life are and spend money accordingly.

this is of course, the main idea of Your Money or Your Life, but this guy is good at probing the psychology of money.

Since you're also a Mr. Money Mustache fan, here's a review on MMM about this guy:

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011...ou-to-be-rich/

Maybe you're already seen it, but it's interesting.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Since you're also a Mr. Money Mustache fan, here's a review on MMM about this guy:

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011...ou-to-be-rich/

Maybe you're already seen it, but it's interesting.
    haha, yeah, I’ve read Pete on Ramit. And in the Ramit Sethi podcast today I laughed and thought of Pete, a.k.a. Mr. money mustache because the young couple he was counseling had declared bankruptcy. The wife had a daily coffee habit that ran $7 to $15. I immediately thought of face punching her. But Ramit said he usually doesn’t talk about the little spending stuff like daily coffee because he wants people to focus on the big picture actions, especially this couple who were extremely detail oriented. And I thought if Pete heard about this daily coffee habit, he would’ve blown a gasket.

Okay---Thank you for the tip, I/L. You know, it does raise questions, with a non-European, named as the author. But that's very interesting. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    haha, yeah, I’ve read Pete on Ramit. And in the Ramit Sethi podcast today I laughed and thought of Pete, a.k.a. Mr. money mustache because the young couple he was counseling had declared bankruptcy. The wife had a daily coffee habit that ran $7 to $15. I immediately thought of face punching her. But Ramit said he usually doesn’t talk about the little spending stuff like daily coffee because he wants people to focus on the big picture actions, especially this couple who were extremely detail oriented. And I thought if Pete heard about this daily coffee habit, he would’ve blown a gasket.
    Ramit Sethi is a good money guru because he is kind and engaging. He is patient, and he works to elicit answers from his interviewees. Maybe Dave Ramsey does this too, I don’t know having only,heard him a few times. And Mr. Money Mustache, well, we all know he likes to shout and jump up and down and face punch for ridiculous spending.

Ramit has a different style.

I think about the fiddly, practically OCD exercises recommend by dear Joe Dominquez. The recording of all your “stuff”. The notation of each tiny expense. The charting. He comes off practically as someone on the spectrum with his uber focus on the little stuff, dwelling in minutiae.

Your Money or Your Life doesn’t fit into current social media promotional methods. It would be hard to podcast and video cast these ideas, I think.

Thread Information