Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which printer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I have one of my own. There’s a CBP form I have to use a lot for one customer’s shipments. CBP set up the form so you cannot save any data typed into it. You have to type it all out, print it out for signature. I have to scan it together with a bunch of other documents to send to CBP so they will release shipments. I would love to be able to save the form with the customer’s data already typed in (name, address, etc.), but nope.
    Yes, I've come across a few of those fillable PDF files that can't be saved. Thankfully none were documents that I needed to use more than once or twice. Incredibly annoying.

When I politely suggested to HR that we might want to consider one of the various digital signature solutions the response I got was bizarre. HR person thanked me and then said she would talk to IT about it. I read that and was like WTF? It would be up to you, as the HR director, to decide that digital signatures are acceptable for the various HR related documents we have to do, and then IT would only have to make sure that everyone who needs to sign those docs has a license for the software. Based on the response I assume that our HR department will be moving into the 2010s sometime after my work-o-meter has expired 7-8 years from now. Unless I toss this idea out to the CEO the next time I talk to him...

My company had started using the "Docusign" software product a couple of years before I retired. Our sales force had to sign certain documents annually, and it was a massive undertaking to get those thousands of documents signed, sent to HR, logged, and then conduct follow-up for those not received.
    I suspect they may have moved to Docusign for the new hire paperwork by now, especially with pretty much everyone working from home during the pandemic (and a general trend toward WFH had already been taking place even before that). The I-9 form had been a particular pain point, and before I left, we had already moved to a more automated I-9 solution that was being provided by our background check vendor.

Thread Information