Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cat Food

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’d like to think that with a stainless steel cat fountain, my cats are attracted to drinking, and they drink enough. I don’t know really.
    Yep, I thought so too until I did a deep dive into the research. Cats gets their "moisture" from their prey. Hence the reason why they aren't attracted to standing water when thirsty. That is also why feeding strictly dry food can be detrimental in the long run. Even the worst wet food is still better than the best dry food. I talked to countless people on the subject because the internet just wasn't helpful. My husband thought I was nuts for asking so many questions about this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---I tell you what--I opened a can o' beans, and poured the juice they was packed in inta their food bowl, and ate it right yup. Hey---can you kids go "all natural" with your cats, and go down to the sleazy pet shop, and buy live mice to hand-feed your cats?Ha. Oh--while I'm on the subject of cats, Brown T showed up on one a my surveillance cams out back.
    Love my cats but not that much! Can't do live feedings. I feel too bad for the prey. I do always smile a little when I hear stories of prey fighting back and actually biting the thing that is trying to eat them.

Just did a price comparison between Petco and Chewy for Weruva 5oz cans (pack of 8). Holy carp! Chewy charges $17.76 while Petco charges $12.15! And both are "auto ship/repeat delivery" prices. No wonder I was spending so much on cat food!!

We have ongoing shortages of cat food here in my part of California, I don’t have cats but my best friend and my next door neighbor both have multiple cats, 12 cats between the 2 homes, so I always check for cat food when I’m out shopping. Interestingly enough, I’ve started buying all of the dog and cat food at Tractor Supply, always in stock and fresh dates. And I’ve been able to cut my dog food cost down to a third of what it had crept up to, I’m really pleased with the prices and the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    We have ongoing shortages of cat food here in my part of California, I don’t have cats but my best friend and my next door neighbor both have multiple cats, 12 cats between the 2 homes, so I always check for cat food when I’m out shopping. Interestingly enough, I’ve started buying all of the dog and cat food at Tractor Supply, always in stock and fresh dates. And I’ve been able to cut my dog food cost down to a third of what it had crept up to, I’m really pleased with the prices and the quality.
    our farm store here just changed to Tractor Supply. We hope it will be fine.

Based on this thread, I am more mindful about getting liquid into my tiny cat. So I leave bowls of tuna water, chicken water, milk on the counter, and she laps it up.

Okay---I almost caused a riot on one a my f-book f-book friendses' post about catt food. She has many catts that she's taken in & had dumped on her place, on a dead-end road in the country. She is partially disabled, and her DH is an OTR trucker. So anyway---she occasionally asks for donations, more frequently since the supply-chain prollems we've seen lately. Well---the operative premise with littlebittymee---and I don't have that many petts as I used to, is this----(it's controversial)FEED THEM PEOPLE FOOD. See? Well, why not? By this I mean: buy the largest sized bag o' dry pett food, and stop shopping at the pet boutiques or vets' office for food. Then--adulterate the dry food with the kind of inexpensive human food that petts like. Yup. But guess what---just like every other consumer product---animal people, many of them are kind to animals but nott too bright---are Tee-Vee and other media-educated. But yeah---when you have a vetternaryan writing a column or hosting an advice show on Tee-vee or wherever, guess what? You are listening to a vested interest. Yup. Popular myth: Veterinarinians become Vets because they LOVE animals. Yeah, right. Just like the guy at the "Custom Processor" loves animals, too. So anyway---the official line is that you can't feed your cat(or dog)littyle or no people food; it's not GOOD for them! YTeah---you gotta go to the pet boutique and buy those $3.00 a 5 oz can kitty num nums, or they'll STARVE. To be con'td.

Okay---just filled the catt dish with dry crunchies, and cut up several big hot dogs, to put on top. Don't worry--I replenished the water bowl, too.

This morning we had a nail clipping session. Front claws clipped. Back claws will be done later.

I lost count of how many cats I've had around me in my yet short years of life, I'd say more than fifty for sure.

They've all been fed standard dried food, because I can't pay for more, since they are quite a good number.

They live, not sure if they like it. They don't just eat that, though, anything from the guts of animals I'm preparing meat, they eat and ask for it.

When they're born, some are weaker than the others, the weaker ones I give raw meat, they get back in shape in no time, this was one of them.

IMG_0747.jpg

He's strong right now, climbing trees and whatnot.

Thread Information