Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat Food

Cat Food

For decades I fed our cats dry food, free feeding at the cat buffet.

But my little Princess cat was eating a new kind of food when she came here and I did not want to change that.

It is this: a dehydrated food, “Honest Kitchen dehydrated Grain Free Chicken”

You mix water with it. She loves it. My other cat eats it, too. I still keep dry food out for them. I think they get about half of their nutrition from each.

The lady from persian cat rescue said they have done a cost study on food, and they find this dehydrated food to be the best bang for the buck because you can mix up exactly how much you need, whereas with canned food, some of it goes to waste if the cats end up not liking that or tire of it.

I’m sharing it with you all because I had never heard of dehydrated food.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BK9JQHX...roduct_details
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-13-23 at 6:25pm.

Okay---have anya you kids tried canned green beans topped with vegetable oil? Trust me---it works with cats AND doggs. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---have anya you kids tried canned green beans topped with vegetable oil? Trust me---it works with cats AND doggs. Yup.
    I only used canned green beans decades ago when I had a chunky bulldog who needed to drop many pounds.

Okay---well, I tellya what---after all, my creds are as HBCC Club Dietician-----nother thing you could do is buy canned tuna, on sale if poissible, and feed it to your catts. Along with the green beans & veg oil. Also, ground beef(hambooger) But yeah---they really go for it. I mean--you can also feed SOME cat-specific food, for the taurine and stuff. Because, as you prolly know---Cat-specific food is getting super expensive. Yup. Hope thatt helps you some. Catts also like mac-n-cheese, too.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 2-14-23 at 8:07pm.

That dehydrated food sounds interesting but alas my two little divas would never eat the same food every day. They must eat a different flavor of food for each meal totaling 14 different flavors per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    That dehydrated food sounds interesting but alas my two little divas would never eat the same food every day. They must eat a different flavor of food for each meal totaling 14 different flavors per week.
    I wonder how we let ourselves get so twisted around cat tastes? Yours are brats!!! Haha.

Fortunately, maine are chowhounds and like to eat their 2x daily wet food from dehydrated stuff.

My one little diva was headed for total starvation at the shelter because she refused to eat their food. She could be prissy but much much later we found out she had a broken tooth so maybe that had something to do with it. But she dropped from 7 to 5 pounds while she was there and is now a healthy 9 pounds. And she changes what she likes day by day. Right now the four of them get 4 different foods a day. 3 different wet and one dry.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies;421396[B
    ]I wonder how we let ourselves get so twisted around cat tastes? Yours are brats!!! Haha.[/B]

Fortunately, maine are chowhounds and like to eat their 2x daily wet food from dehydrated stuff.
    I am 100% responsible for them being brats. It is from severe guilt over my prior cats. I fed them nothing but dry food which lead to so many health problems. I had no idea that cats don't drink enough water to stay hydrated and since there is zero hydration in dry food, it led to urinary problems and kidney failure. I vowed to never let that happen again. I found a brand of wet food (Weruva) that my cats loved and they have a ton of flavors so in order to keep them eating wet food and not a lot of dry food, I do what I feel is necessary (probably more so for me than them).

I’d like to think that with a stainless steel cat fountain, my cats are attracted to drinking, and they drink enough. I don’t know really.

Okay---I tell you what--I opened a can o' beans, and poured the juice they was packed in inta their food bowl, and ate it right yup. Hey---can you kids go "all natural" with your cats, and go down to the sleazy pet shop, and buy live mice to hand-feed your cats?Ha. Oh--while I'm on the subject of cats, Brown T showed up on one a my surveillance cams out back.

Thread Information