Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: old music

I had that album. I think I probably played the grooves smooth on it. One of our first dates (DH & I) was a Moody Blues concert in Portland.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

If memory serves, one of my first concerts was one of their last. Went with a couple older sisters so it was a very magical event all around.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

So I had noted the hubub about Taylor Swift leading up to the super bowl but hadn't really paid too much attention. The only song of hers I knew was Shake It Off. While I was at at the library a couple months ago they had the CD that included this song. Repeatedly I played it at full volume in the Hondu. (dad didn't care for music but the car came with a really awesome sound system as stock). Today I decided to look up the video. Are you ready for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIft-t-MQuE

My favorite version of Shake It Off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn3tUOJ9yv4
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

okay----not using caps much anymore to save energy----one oldie but goodie that has become a supermarket staple on the p.a. is the late b.j. thomas. he had a lotta songs on the radio over a 15-year time span. he wasn't known as a song-writer, but a singer with a kind of i've-got-a-cold-voice. though he was a southern boy, a nashville-r, summa his songs were from Noo-Yawk-sitty. noo yawk sitty!!?? yup, thats right. okay---lemme name some: hooked on a feelin' ; raindrops keep fallin' on my head; and one---can't recall the title--that had a faux beach boys backup chorus. yup. yes---i know the hippies among you think thomas was 'too square, man", but his studio recordings were pretty good, and sold well. hope that helps you some. thankk mee.

edited to add: the b j thomas song i was thinking of was called: rock and roll lullaby. yup. he had a number of others, but i'll not list them. you can find 'em on youtube---or in the grocery store p.a. system. yup

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    My favorite version of Shake It Off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn3tUOJ9yv4
    Ok. I'll admit that was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Ok. I'll admit that was hilarious!

okay----still not using caps, as it has saved a lot of energy! yup. but anyway----i havent posted anything in honor of my old college perfesser, sr dorthie, lately. so yeah----here goes. i know alla you kids have hear the song by debby boone that made her much moolah called you light up my life. like me---you prolly hear it waaay too many times. ha. so anyway----that song was the theme song of the 1977 mooo-vveee of the same name, only guess what? d. boone did not sing the theme song, a gal by the fake name kasey cicyk sang it, and also----the director of that film composed it and his real name was joseph kaplan, and that figures cause the song has that eastern european typa vibe to it, if you get my drift. kasey cisyk though was ukrainian----you kidses all-time favorite country! just like volodimyr the truck driver who was blamed for the biker crash up in NH several years ago. But, unfortunately, kasey died 20+ years ago of cancer and joseph kaplan died by suicide, before he was to go on trial for some harvey weinstein-type hijinks. so, yeah---it's a pretty sad song, isn't it? try not to cry, next time you hear it on the grocery store p.a. system. hope that helps you some. thankk mee.

okay-----Billy Joel tickkicks. I asked my AI what the price range was for them, and the answer was between $150-$1500. Okay----then I watchta coupla youtube videos of Billy Joe in concert and well----um, let me put it this way--he'da never made it to the big-time if he sounded the way he does now. Nope. Clearly, hes an old guy way past his prime, in it for the $$$$. Not an energetic, ambitious starving artist. But yeah----even more pathetic are the maniacs in the audience at his concerts. Maybe, if congress had the courage, they'd pass a consumer-protection law forbidding credit card companies from allowing cardholders to charge concert tickkicks. Yup. Hope thatt helps you kids some.

Thread Information