Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: old music

okay----that guy--Barry Manilow, maker of tv ad jingles & pop songs---will bee appearing here, this year at one a the biggest venues in town. but no----not gonna go. are you kidding? so anyway----i just know you kids are thinking---lbb doesn't like anything, does he? yup. but yeah---steve vai & some other guy willbe appearing at the old, restored theater, downtown. a nice-sized venue, but guess what? tickicks are too high! tell ya something else, tho---sometime later this year----Robin Trower will be appearing at that same old theater, and though tickickicks have not gone on sale, balcony seats(where you want to be for loud rock shows) are well under $100 at other venues he is appearing at. so yeah---it may be worth it. i'll think about it. Trower usually has a drummer and one or two or three other players with him. very listenable, tho. hope that helps you some. thankk mee.

So your not taking Mandy and trying to get the feeling?

okay----too Much--knowing the perfectionist you are, i;m shocked-n-supprised that you left the comma out of "you're". ha. but no---no way can i afford ta see 80-year old barry rehash all those songs he's prolly VERY tired of, by now. i know i am. ha. but, there are zealot consummers who hafta waste time n money on concert tickicks for something to "do". maybe drive-n-eat, in the process. yup. thankk mee.

okay----old songs--relatively speaking. disclaimer---i dont listen to music to hear lyircs; if it's words i want, i'll read a book. see? so anyway, two pieces in particular that i like are in my so-called hispano-pop genre, from prolly 20+ years ago. one, is Genie in a bottle, credited to christina aguilera, and another is Fergie, credited with "big girls don't cry". they both are the lead vocalists and do a remarkable job. very catchy tunes. BUT, there is much instrumental accompaniment that make the pieces very listenable. plus, you've got to give the record producer credit, as well. yup. hope that helps you some. now, go listen on youtube. thankk mee.

okay----nother old song you kids would prolly hate tho i like it is one from the disco era by electric light orchestra, called "last train to london". yup as i've said before, i could not care less about the lyrics. nope.

My husband has always been a big ELO fan and I like quite a bit of their stuff, but I'm not too crazy about that one, sorry.

okay-----you kids might not be anywhere nearly old enough to recall these two instrumentals that got a lot of play on the radio way-back-when. so anyway: the titles are: Theme from a summer place, by the Percy Faith orchestra and then: our winter love by Bill Purcell (& the orchestra accompanying him.. but yeah----i do like those two recordings & listen to 'em, every now & then. yup. thankk mee.

Thread Information