Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wuhan Lab Leak

Wuhan Lab Leak

I read this morning that the Department of Energy has joined the FBI in saying the most likely source of the Covid virus was sloppy Chinese virologists. My first thought was to wonder what interest the DoE has in public health issues. My second was to wonder why so many people expended so much energy trying to suppress the lab leak theory in the first place.

It seems like a non-issue, because they admitted that both theories--the lab theory as well as the animal-to-human theory--have low confidence levels
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My news source says that the Dept. of Energy has changed their assessment that Covid originated from an unknown source to now a lab leak, but with low confidence of being correct. Their explanation was that the Chinese were not cooperating with information inquiries, so they couldn't say with certainty. Whether our people were suppressing the lab leak theory is up for debate but one I would not agree with. It's possible that past errors have been made and further inquires have provided more information. There still doesn't seem like there is any general agreement from the various government health and science agencies ion a source, but after seeing the DOE head, Rick Perry on Dancing with the Stars I'm Skeptical of their conclusions. There are probably still fringe people who say the release was intentional and I'm sure the anti Fauci conservative movement with take this for much more than it is, as is evident here.

What ever the source, it's safe to say that China in not our friend.

Hunh, a disease that takes out (mostly) old people who do not contribute to the Great Society.

Gosh who would benefit from THAT?

I could speculate that nothing has really changed other than our politics. And I doubt China has benefited from this economically. With low confidence.

I think what has changed is that you no longer see social media platforms scrubbing posts because the lab leak theory violated some prevailing orthodoxy about which ideas were acceptable.

My news gave a supposed real reason why the opinion was changed from we don't know, to lab leak with low confidence. And also why the DoE was qualified to make the statement. It's out there for inquiring minds.

My conspiracy theory is that the public opinion being manipulated to think of China as the bad guy or a worse guy in the event they supply suicide drones to Russia and we need to imposed sanctions that will affect our economy. The same reason why their supposed surveillance balloons have been drifting over the US for years and we're just now finding them? I'll bet they could make suicide drones for pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I could speculate that nothing has really changed other than our politics. And I doubt China has benefited from this economically. With low confidence.
    There is short term and long term gain. But I have little confidence it was deliberate but I have a very high level of confidence that they will never reveal what they know.

but today we just got news from China from my nephew. He’s been there several years and he just got engaged to his Chinese girlfriend. They’re still having lockdowns that change on the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Hunh, a disease that takes out (mostly) old people who do not contribute to the Great Society.

One could posit that the virus escaped before scientists were through manipulating its "gain of function." Or not. I really don't have an opinion.
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 2-27-23 at 8:03pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Well played.

Thread Information