Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: March Purge

Roger, is there a rod and gun club or something similar that might take your ammo? Any local hunting group you might have belonged to in the past?

Organized medical records today and have another grocery bag of old bills to destroy. Files fit in a much smaller plastic box now so made closet a little lighter.

I was thrilled to hear that DH has decided to clean up his camera closet. I guess I lit a fire under his butt by saying we can't show or sell this house until some of the clutter in his man space is cleaned up. He said he is no longer using film cameras so will box them all up. I had hoped that meant getting rid of some but he just can't let any go yet. At least they will be corralled into a few boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I was thrilled to hear that DH has decided to clean up his camera closet. I guess I lit a fire under his butt by saying we can't show or sell this house until some of the clutter in his man space is cleaned up...
    I have seen a couple of recent articles about a resurgence of interest in good used film cameras and the online auction prices have about doubled for some of the old standbys like the Canon A1. Could be a good time to sell, although I honestly understand wanting to hang on to certain useless items for nostalgia. (It's a problem for me).

The single-lens reflex camera has been around for decades, but its popularity was eclipsed by smartphones in the 21st century. Now, the 35 mm film SLR cameras are making a comeback. Although they’re widely out of circulation as new products, secondhand SLR cameras are being sold and snatched up rapidly on sites like eBay...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/14/crosswords/film-camera-crossword-clue.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Roger, is there a rod and gun club or something similar that might take your ammo? Any local hunting group you might have belonged to in the past?
    Thanks. Most of my personal hunting group has retired from the sport, but it got me to thinking that there are some youth mentoring hunting programs I can look into.

For DH, I think it is the hassle factor of listing, shipping etc of his cameras though he has sold some in the past. Easier to put in a box and forget

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    For DH, I think it is the hassle factor of listing, shipping etc of his cameras though he has sold some in the past. Easier to put in a box and forget
    KEH is a large buyer and seller of used camera gear. They give free quotes and free shipping and have a reputation for being fair and honest. If I were selling camera gear today, I'd probably go that routine. They won't pay as much as an auction site, but much less hassle. I've bought things from them but never sold. Just saying. It sounds like it's already a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Organized medical records today and have another grocery bag of old bills to destroy. Files fit in a much smaller plastic box now so made closet a little lighter.
    It must feel really good to get the paper monster under control!

I just gave away some freezable martini glasses that DH got in a Yankee Swap, via our FB giving page. Nine people wanted them, and the woman whose name I drew was so happy and excited that it made the giveaway doubly gratifying.
    I am in the process of using the same FB page to give away some bags of roasted chestnuts (PSA: If you want to try something you may not like, don't buy the very large package at Costco!)
    Sis and I visited our favorite thrift store for the first time in a long time, and I donated a shirt from DH and a bunch of mugs. I bought a really nice Nordstrom denim shirt for DH for $6.50, so that was a wash, but at least I didn't buy any mugs!

Costco takes back and refunds your money for ANY item you do not like.

Thread Information