Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Find A Church & Join it, and Leave 'Em What You Have, When It's Over

Find A Church & Join it, and Leave 'Em What You Have, When It's Over

Okay---I'm not advocating this, but's open for discussion. Hope it helps you some.

No way. Not a chance in hell.

No way. Not a chance in hell.
    +1

I am fine leaving my assets to organizations, but those are organizations that promote the welfare of old buildings, pet animals, and select wild animals. Organizations that service humans are not on my giving tree.

I would consider giving to specific faith-based organizations, like Catholic Charities, which consistently gets very high ratings on Charity Navigator.

Any money I have will go to my children and grandchildren. I may leave token amounts to environmental organizations, but I am not currently a member of any church, and even if I do join one, they won't get anything other than live gifts, such as weekly offerings.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm planning to leave my vast fortune (ha! ) to several animal charities. I would never leave a penny to a church.

Not in my future, but I can respect people of faith that are so motivated. There are worse places to leave money.

EDIT to add - I'm not a churchgoing person, but from what I've picked up from my small social circle, churches are hurting for money due to declining attendance. There is an exceptionally nice looking MCM style Lutheran church a couple of blocks away which my neighbor says is about to go under because of a plunging membership and difficulties attracting a minister and staff. The Methodist church of my young years seems to be having similar problems. Although the Witness Hall nearby seems to have overflow crowds.

That said, we are giving $1000 this year to a Catholic church. It is for their building fund.

No doubt we will attend several of their fundraising dinners this year as well.

Old churches often overlap with solid architecture.

Okay---TYVM for your responses, and of course--IL's generosity. Isn't that special. But yeah---that's what they call: "hedging your bets". Yup. That being said, one of my case studies once stated that going to church is the LAST thing they'd ever do. Yup. But then---when their health started to fail, they were receiving communion at home, and other sacraments. And yeah---when they finally passed---they had a church funeral ritual. Yup. So yeah---it was just like they said. Sort of. Oh, and yeah---what's that old ww1 saying: "There are no atheists in the trenches!" Yep. Hope that helps you some.2023-03-08 (1).jpg

Thread Information