Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Artificial Intelligence - an end to simple living?

At a site called hereafter.ai, you can answer a series of questions from their AI, and have a profile of your speech patterns and responses created. Then after you’re dead, loved ones can have conversations with you.

Okay--AI will be a great advance over those inflatable life-size humans some people have invested in. As long as it will keep the interaction with you strictly confidential. Yup.

"Microsoft Copilot" has appeared on my laptop tool bar. It's formerly Bing Chat and I imagine a simple version of AI. It's actually been somewhat useful. For simple questions it's much like a Google search that cherry picks summaries from reliable sources and gives a reasonable answer without having to sort through all the Google responses and commercial promotions. I will use it more and Google less. I did give it a fairly complicated calculation and it gave an obviously incorrect answer, so it's not perfect.

I asked it to write a haiku about winter cold:

Winter’s icy grip,
    Breath turns to frost
    in the air,
    Silence in the cold
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Nice haiku!
    I am not a serious person.

Wow. This whole AI thing is nuts. I have used AI to create possible logos, and also to transcribe interviews, and to summarize those interviews. We are definitely at an AI tipping point. I can't imagine the jobs it is going to replace.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I've been working on my family history and discovered a slightly distant relative of some fame. So this was one problem I posed. My great grandfather's brother had a son. What family relation is the son to me. If my great grandfather was born in 1840 and assuming average American family sizes, how many relatives of the same relationship and generation to the son would I have. Something if I had the time would probably be easy to figure out, but Copilot gave a credible answer in about 30 seconds.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Thread Information