Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump-related civil unrest this week?

I wonder if all the journalists who, during his failed presidency, opined that perhaps he'd finally started on the path towards "acting presidential" every time he did something that wasn't completely bats**t nuts have finally given up after seeing the current unhinged screed. Because his obscene, traitorous behavior has become so normalized it's not even more than moderately newsworthy what he actually said. Frankly I'm appalled that there are still plenty of voters who would happily, proudly vote for this turd again.

OUR NATION IS NOW THIRD WORLD & DYING. THE AMERICAN DREAM IS DEAD! THE RADICAL LEFT ANARCHISTS HAVE STOLLEN OUR PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, AND WITH IT, THE HEART OF OUR OUR COUNTRY. AMERICAN PATRIOTS ARE BEING ARRESTED & HELD IN CAPTIVITY LIKE ANIMALS, WHILE CRIMINALS & LEFTIST THUGS ARE ALLOWED TO ROAM THE STREETS, KILLING & BURNING WITH NO RETRIBUTION. MILLIONS ARE FLOODING THROUGH OUR OPEN BOARDERS, MANY FROM PRISONS & MENTAL INSTITUTIONS. CRIME & INFLATION ARE DESTROYING OUR VERY WAY OF LIFE…

NOW ILLEGAL LEAKS FROM A CORRUPT & HIGHLY POLITICAL MANHATTAN DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE, WHICH HAS ALLOWED NEW RECORDS TO BE SET IN VIOLENT CRIME & WHOSE LEADER IS FUNDED BY GEORGE SOROS, INDICATE THAT, WITH NO CRIME BEING ABLE TO BE PROVEN, & BASED ON AN OLD & FULLY DEBUNKED (BY NUMEROUS OTHER PROSECUTORS!) FAIRYTALE, THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!

Disgusting turd whereby his base still does not hold him accountable… see Alan’s post above… a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    ....the current unhinged screed.
    Typically in my community when we see someone on the street chattering away like that, we try hard to get them access to the mental health services they require.

We don't generally put them up for election.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Disgusting turd whereby his base still does not hold him accountable… see Alan’s post above… a prime example.
    Alan isn't against holding him accountable. He just thinks that none of the attempts to hold him accountable have been the appropriate action at the appropriate time. He felt that impeachment wasn't appropriate because the senate had dragged their feet and didn't hold their mock trial until after he was no longer president, so it should be the regular legal system that holds him accountable. Now that the legal system is potentially going to hold him accountable it's the wrong laws that are being used to hold him accountable. (Although I'm curious about that since I haven't seen what charges are going to be brought against him tuesday, so I don't quite know how one can preemptively say that the wrong laws are being applied.) I'm sure eventually he'll agree that someone's action related to holding trump accountable for his actions will be the correct way of doing so... I mean, I'm sure Alan would tell us all that he believes in the rule of law and that everyone should be treated equally under the law.

Alan isn't against holding him accountable. He just thinks that none of the attempts to hold him accountable have been the appropriate action at the appropriate time. He felt that impeachment wasn't appropriate because the senate had dragged their feet and didn't hold their mock trial until after he was no longer president, so it should be the regular legal system that holds him accountable. Now that the legal system is potentially going to hold him accountable it's the wrong laws that are being used to hold him accountable. (Although I'm curious about that since I haven't seen what charges are going to be brought against him tuesday, so I don't quite know how one can preemptively say that the wrong laws are being applied.) I'm sure eventually he'll agree that someone's action related to holding trump accountable for his actions will be the correct way of doing so... I mean, I'm sure Alan would tell us all that he believes in the rule of law and that everyone should be treated equally under the law.
    Yes, they should. Though in this case a prosecutor is attempting to elevate a misdemeanor charge that is years past its statute of limitations to a felony charge for a political result. This sort of thing usually only happens in banana republics so you'd think reasonable people would be against it, regardless of who's being prosecuted. I can only assume we're running low on reasonable people.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Abuses of the legal system seems to go both ways. If he were ever convicted he could probably appeal to a higher court, although a hush-hush plea deal seems possible? The charge hardly seems like the attention it's getting if it were a normal citizen, but I suspect he has enemies in the courts regardless of politics. You know what they say about goes around... I've been realizing since Trump that the scales of justice are often not balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes, they should. Though in this case a prosecutor is attempting to elevate a misdemeanor charge that is years past its statute of limitations to a felony charge for a political result. This sort of thing usually only happens in banana republics so you'd think reasonable people would be against it, regardless of who's being prosecuted. I can only assume we're running low on reasonable people.
    It’s also usually the case that only in banana republics do presidents who lose the election attempt a coup. Maybe we’re closer to having our presidents dress in fatigues than we are willing to admit.

And by the way, thank you Alan for sharing your legal expert opinion about charges that haven’t yet been announced. I assume you have an inside source that shared the info with you.

And by the way, thank you Alan for sharing your legal expert opinion about charges that haven’t yet been announced. I assume you have an inside source that shared the info with you.
    News outlets have been reporting the scope of the grand jury investigation for some time. The result of that investigation hasn't been announced since they apparently have another witness scheduled on Monday but it seems to be common knowledge that it revolves around monies paid to Stormy Daniels in return for her silence regarding an extra-marital affair(a misdemeanor several years past it's expiration date).

It sounds very much like a version of the John Edwards indictment and prosecution in 2011 which resulted in a not guilty verdict on one charge and the dropping of several others. But it did keep the news cycle booming for a time and ruined his political future. I'm not sure that was the goal in that case but I'm pretty sure it is in this latest one.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

It’s also usually the case that only in banana republics do presidents who lose the election attempt a coup. Maybe we’re closer to having our presidents dress in fatigues than we are willing to admit.
    With due respect, does that seem like a reason to bias the present legal situation.

It does seem like he belongs behind bars on other charges, but it should have no bearing here. (Speaking of legal expertise).

Thread Information