Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Challenge

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    when the “fogger” truck came through my old neighborhood, I couldn’t believe it. “Are they STILL doing that?” I asked myself. It was like time traveling back to 1975.

And yet on Nextdoor there woukd be people asking when the city was going to spray for mosquitos. Crazy.
    The EPA doesn't care about current science and best practices. They are corrupt:

https://peer.org/curing-epas-culture-of-corruption/

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    1. Repair and replace window box that snow slide broke from house
    2. Replace washing machine with used machine from the barn. If that doesn't work, buy new washing machine
    3. Replace oven hood with new one already purchased
    4. Replace chandelier with track light in kitchen
    5. Avoid email contact with brothers and mother's guardian
    6. Remove one major stressor from life removed a course from my schedule for the fall which does not pay anything near what it should for the amount of pointless stress and aggravation it causes
    7. Lose 6 pounds
    I wanted to do these things by May 1, and they are not happening. I realize that 1, 2, 3, and 4 are actually to be done by my husband, and I have not been able to motivate him to complete any of them.
    5 is not under my control, since all of these people have been emailing me. All I can do is ignore their emails, which may or may not be appropriate, but I can't stop them from emailing me.

I did no. 6, but now acquired two more courses for summer, but they pay better.

7--have had absolutely no success with Weight Watchers--was down 2 pounds after 1 month, but today I was up a pound and half. Am going to have to do something else, because this is not working.

Replacing this list as kind of hopeless with new list by May 15.

1. Lose 4 pounds (the 2 I already lost and another 2.)
    2. Get my new fitbit up and running.
    3. Limit email replies to brothers, guardian, and conservator, to a brief acknowledgment of their email, confirm what they are saying if appropriate, ignore if not. Limit to one sentence only.
    4. Get new course on new platform ready to roll on May 15.
    5. Try using new planner format starting May 1- May 15, use for two weeks.

Sort last of storage unit boxes done
    Decide what to do with the empty bins in storage unit almost done
    Bookshelf project ongoing
    Clear the bed project ongoing
    Work on quilt blocks 21\30
    Put away the winter stuff done
    Put away the duvet done

Put away the duvet over the weekend and the duvet bin had a crack in it so I swapped it for the empty bin. Was going to wait on the blankets but the condo management sent a notice saying the laundry contractor will replace the washers and dryers in two weeks and we will need to use all the money in the laundry cards before then. Did the math and figured how to wash the blankets without adding money. One blanket is air drying on the couch as we speak. The card is at $0 and I don't have to deal with the mad dash of laundry this weekend.

Posted the bins on Buy Nothing, waiting for tonight to pick a winner since bins with lids are an in demand item. Might list the cracked one since they're so popular here.

Also doing a bit of spring cleaning and will post to Buy Nothing soon.

Yppej
    You're doing good Hana!

Yppej
    Vacationing closer to home except one day I went to the dentist in Vermont. Checked out some of the more affordable towns there and they are super rural, don't think I could handle the dirt roads in winter without a more expensive vehicle, no stores except selling fishing bait, libraries are small and sad. So my dream is definitely New Hampshire now. Should find a dentist there. Finally found a PCP in NH who doesn't require masks. It feels like home when I go north of the border.

Tybee, it really sucks when things need to get done and you are dependent on someone else to do it. Ugh!! My last husband was such a procrastinator .

Sort last of storage unit boxes done
    Decide what to do with the empty bins in storage unit done
    Bookshelf project ongoing
    Clear the bed project ongoing
    Work on quilt blocks 28/30
    Put away the winter stuff done
    Put away the duvet done

The storage unit project is done! No idea what I'm going to do now. The bins are with their new owners. The bookshelf project continues and there's some space on the bed. We're at the point that if someone needed emergency crash space we could get the space guest ready in a few hours. Almost done sewing the blocks, watching less TV due to the Writer's Strike. Still have lots of scraps, maybe I'll make a crazy quilt for SiL and BiL. Promised Mom a cardigan this fall, I'll probably get an early start on it.

Yay Hana!

Yppej
    Another candidate with a better chance of winning jumped in the mayoral race and I have switched to her.

Update:
    We built the shelfing unit for the kitchen, and now it needs to be sanded, primed & painted.
    We need to get a handrail installed for our stairway up to the bedroom. We haven't had one since 1994 or so, and we are getting older, so it's high time.
    Continue with room-by-room culling - kitchen is next.
    Start seeds - done, outside hardening off
    Wash windows, screens & curtains - done
    Garden cleanup - done
    Closet cleanout/changeover - done
    Smaller seasonal tasks: hoses, hammock, storm doors, change bedding - done

Thread Information