Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Trans Days…

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t think the article did a good job and explaining that, or maybe the school itself did a poor job. If Oklahoma is too sexy for the high school students and what does that have to do with cross sex casting? You may be right that they’re using one idea to camouflage another who knows
    There is one female character, the one who sings, "I'm just a gal who can't say no/I'm in a terrible fix...." who in the original screenplay is, it seems, stupidly promiscuous. She blunders from one male to the next and her father is always following her around with a rifle, trying to force someone to marry her before she gets pregnant or as soon as.

That's what I recall. I found the libretto, on recent viewing of the musical, really outdated. The dancing was fantastic.

Also, I remember wondering if rural America was being ridiculed throughout. Was the audience supposed to feel superior?

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    There is one female character, the one who sings, "I'm just a gal who can't say no/I'm in a terrible fix...." who in the original screenplay is, it seems, stupidly promiscuous. She blunders from one male to the next and her father is always following her around with a rifle, trying to force someone to marry her before she gets pregnant or as soon as.

That's what I recall. I found the libretto, on recent viewing of the musical, really outdated. The dancing was fantastic.

Also, I remember wondering if rural America was being ridiculed throughout. Was the audience supposed to feel superior?
    oh, right, you’re bringing up the things that I can’t stand about that musical. It is so dumb. It and a couple others form my basis of disliking musicals. But “ Oklahoma” does seem to be a standard high school musical.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-11-23 at 12:35pm.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post

Yes, I love musicals, but Oklahoma is certainly not one of them. Unfortunately, some days DH wanders around belting, "Oh, what a beautiful MOORR-NINGGGG!..."

Simone, I agree with your take on it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

For God’s sake.

https://www.advocate.com/sports/lia-...cs#toggle-gdpr

Lia Thomas is suing the Olympics for not allowing him to swim on a women’s team. Lia wants to compete in the Paris Olympics.

The World Aquatics Organization made a special “ Open” category for people of any gender to compete in. But no one signed up! The Lia Thomases of the world want to dominate a sport, women’s sport, with their 6’1” bodies, size 11 feet, 12” hands.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...tries-received
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-10-24 at 11:54am.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8040688/

Help! Need help in deciphering the convoluted byzantine world of trans terminology. The abstract of this article refers to its study population as being “trans and non-binary menstruators.”

I haven’t yet read the article. I believe they are talking about natal females, right?

I’m doing a dive into the Internet to find objective evidence that trans women suffer from “period cramps.” Many of them claim that.

I accept that estrogen may well produce breast tenderness, hot flashes, mood swings, in these people. I get that.

What I do not accept based on common sense is that they have “cramps” because cramping is a function of uterine action. They do not have uteruses that produce “cramps.”

I posit this is a mental fabrication.

So, who is this study referencing, natal females? If so, it will not help my research.

edited to add: I skimmed the study and found that they are referring to research subjects who take testosterone, so at this point I assume the research subjects are natal females. Using scientific language to describe a science/health issue does not conform to trans ideology. It us the goal of that population of obfuscate facts.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-4-24 at 4:08pm.

Continuing on in my investigations, I see further obfuscation of language, I think anyway. At this point in modern times who knows?

This website representing health providers who treat trans patients refer to “trans women” with cervixes. Hmmmm.

I think they need to go back to trans activism school to learn the terminology. Yes it is confusing. In trans medicine it is a “trans man” who has a cervix, assuming no sex reassignment surgery has taken place. Up is down, black is white. Such are the concepts in trans medicine.

https://statcarewalkin.com/info/why-w

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...ility-policies

https://apnews.com/article/transgend...b2e4364d585cdc

https://www.sportico.com/law/analysi...cy-1234770946/

Here are several sources for the same story: female college athletes are suing the NCAA for failure to follow Title IX’s requirements. Allowing men to compete in women’s events, allowing men to invade locker rooms and female-only spaces is their charge.

If you think it’s silly to focus on defining “what is a woman” here’s an example of why it’s necessary. But that said, I do not know if this lawsuit will be successful.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-25-24 at 4:29pm.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-4WV9x...R2Vuc3BlY3Q%3D

I really like this young, matter of fact evolutionary biologist, Dr. Colin Wright. He delivers his lecturea about dimorphic mammalian sex in an objective, easy-to understand way.

From his talk: There are two human sexes. Sex, not gender.

Gender is a different discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-4WV9x...R2Vuc3BlY3Q%3D

I really like this young, matter of fact evolutionary biologist, Dr. Colin Wright. He delivers his lecturea about dimorphic mammalian sex in an objective, easy-to understand way.

From his talk: There are two human sexes. Sex, not gender.

Gender is a different discussion.
    Perhaps that's why they call themselves transgender and not transsex?

I'm not curious enough to watch the video but I do wonder if he acknowledges intersex individuals. They would seem to defy his belief that there are only two human sexes. Unless he thinks they are actually both sexes at the same time.

Both sexes at the same time is a medical condition called hermaphrodite. I remember seeing and explaining it on a application years ago.

Wish I could remember who said, show me an archaeologist that has found a third sex.

Thread Information