Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trans Days…

I stand corrected. Today’s “TDOV” that I am seeing chatter about in forums may be Trans Day of Visibility.

so, that is a different thing. Mea culpa.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I stand corrected. Today’s “TDOV” that I am seeing chatter about in forums may be Trans Day of Visibility.

so, that is a different thing. Mea culpa.
    I still want my muffin back.

I thought that "vengeance" crap was absolutely ridiculous--just more flame-fanning by the right.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I thought that "vengeance" crap was absolutely ridiculous--just more flame-fanning by the right.
    I will note that today, March 31, is the International Day Of Trans Visibility, and has been since 2009.

And pretty much everyone I know in the trans/trans-allied space knows about that one. But hardly any had heard of the Vengeance Day until it hit the headlines with Marjorie Taylor Green and her compatriots going on about it.

Things that make you go “hmmmmm”….

I wonder if there's an National Day of Incel Vengeance. Or an International Day of Racial Vengeance. So many violence-prone actors-out, so little press attention to their motives.

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/04/...rans-backlash/

please note the news source for you special snowflakes who require leftie loo sources.

Did last week’s Day of Trans V bring us this latest abomination? The obnoxious twit Dylan Mulvaney is now shilling products for Nike and for Bud Light.

Why THIS particular trans girl gets ALL the representation opportunities including prancing into the White House for whatever reason Sleepy Old Joe thinks is important is beyond me. Aren’t there lots of other trans girls who could represent, ones that might actually not be complete laughing stock characters?

Dylan can gush about her periods, her girlhood, her dotty concepts of femininity on her own videos. So be it, it’s a free country. But I find her simpering imitations of a woman offensive. What a blatent stereotype of the female sex she portrays.

Back in the day we could enjoy RuPaul type queens, showing us their exaggerated vision of ultra womanhood, views that were presented as entertainment. Maybe Dylan is doing cosplay entertainment, I don’t know, but so far, I’m thinking she expects me to accept her as a woman and that ain’t happening, baby.

RuPaul never asked me to accept her as a woman.

Women in general have a whole lot more substance than Dylan Mulvaney ever will be able to portray.

Did last week’s Day of Trans V bring us this latest abomination? The obnoxious twit Dylan Mulvaney is now shilling products for Nike and for Bud Light.

But speaking of violence and Bid Light, how about that Kid Rock going full-auto with a submachine gun at a case of Bud Light in protest of whatever the heck Bud Light did(*)?

That probably helps trans folks feel less at-risk, yes?

(*) I mean, sure, shooting up a case to protest the fact that they have the audacity to call their product "beer", I could get behind...

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    But speaking of violence and Bid Light, how about that Kid Rock going full-auto with a submachine gun at a case of Bud Light in protest of whatever the heck Bud Light did(*)?

That probably helps trans folks feel less at-risk, yes?

(*) I mean, sure, shooting up a case to protest the fact that they have the audacity to call their product "beer", I could get behind...
    Who knows, Anheuser-Busch my local brewery may have consciously paired the simpering notagirl with the bland notabeer to make a joke.Only we aren’t laughing. Maybe we need to.

Who knows, Anheuser-Busch my local brewery may have consciously paired the simpering notagirl with the bland notabeer to make a joke.Only we aren’t laughing. Maybe we need to.
    I find it simpler to just make my own beer than to get involved in Cultural Beer Wars. (I'm a sucker for watching the the Budweiser Clydesdales though, what lovely animals!)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I find it simpler to just make my own beer than to get involved in Cultural Beer Wars. (I'm a sucker for watching the the Budweiser Clydesdales though, what lovely animals!)
    One of my tiny houses was mere blocks from the Clydesdale stables, well, the stables in the city anyway. They were immaculate and beautiful, the stables.

here in Hermann, the local gentry have collected draft horses that are Black Shires. Once in a while on a lucky day, I can see one of the Shires being walked around the village.

Thread Information