Thread: Retrofitting Ford Escape to add touch screen for Car Play

Retrofitting Ford Escape to add touch screen for Car Play

I have a 2018 base model Escape with 101K miles on it. I was in a minor accident right before I went to FL in December and so I got a rental. It had Apple Car Play. That means your phone display was duplicated on a touch screen display on the dash. Much easier to see map app that way and control for music, etc.

My Escape doesn’t have Car Play. Just a tiny little screen for radio and Bluetooth for phone calls and steaming music. I fell in love with Car Play. My iPhone sits in a cup holder in the Escape. I did some googling yesterday and found it’s possible to retrofit to add a touch screen display. There are some mods that have to be made as I don’t current have a touch screen, but it’s not impossible. The touch screen display module itself is about $300. Unknown how much for installation. There’s a well regarded local appliance/electronics store (ABT) that sells the display and does installation. Escape is currently in the shop for accident repairs (they couldn’t take me until mid-March), but once I have it back, I’m going to ABT to see about doing this.

This will make me want to keep the Escape longer. This is the only thing I wish I had on it. If I replaced it, I’d probably go with a Subaru Crosstrek like many WI diving friends have. I’d be looking at $30K to get one with the winter package. Escape is about paid off. Big difference.

Okay----What I advise is that you trade(get screwed)your Exscape in on that nice, clean safe NEW Subbaroo, as soon as possible. Yup. Don't wait untill your Exscape has too many miles on it; right now, it's a decent trade. The dealer can steal it from you, detail and flip it $$$. Ha. But yeah---ask the dealer if they have a retro-fit sticker package, so your new 'roo can have all the trendy slogans, right in plain sight. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee. 2023-04-02 (4).jpg2023-04-02 (4).jpg2023-04-02 (4).jpg
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 4-2-23 at 10:55pm.

Thread Information