Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glass top stoves

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    It's beautiful and a good price but we don't have gas and would have to put in a propane tank and a line to the house, so probably impractical.
    Ah. Gotcha. When you said you don’t want a glass top it didn’t occur to me that you had the old electric coils. I haven’t seen one of those in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Bae, it's the convection oven for baking I am looking for--I did not know that they made convection cooktops
    That was my brain without coffee. I have an induction burner, not convection :-)

Used a glass stove top at the rental this winter. I HATED it! Any little spill and it is dubious if it will come off. I read how and what to do but a regular electric stove is much easier IMO.

I vote for a regular electric stove.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-30-in...DMWW/306260081

I have been running an experiment with an induction burner. Isn't easy or intuitive except for things cooked in water (not oil), but sautéing, not easy. But anyway that's induction, that's not a plain old fashioned electric stove like above.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I vote for a regular electric stove.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-30-in...DMWW/306260081

I have been running an experiment with an induction burner. Isn't easy or intuitive except for things cooked in water (not oil), but sautéing, not easy. But anyway that's induction, that's not a plain old fashioned electric stove like above.
    Yeah, that's what we were thinking except I really wanted the convection oven aspect, which I guess I can't get without the glass top.

Thread Information