Thread: SF Bay Area?

SF Bay Area?

Hi~
    My DH & I will be in the Bay Area end of August & over Labor Day weekend. We're looking for reasonably priced accommodations. Open to a house trade too! We live in Seattle.

Please PM me if you have any leads - thanks!
    ~Rebeca aka Redfox

You could check www.housecarers. At the top is a scroll down;select houses to sit. Of course , if you go this route, it usually involces taking care of someone's house and or pets; also a registration fee to get contact info.

Have you tried www.airbnb.com? Looks interesting to me.

Since Seattle is one of my favorite places, and I live in the SF Bay Area, I'd love to trade with you! We are not in any position to travel for a few years though, so this isn't actually an offer, sorry (and also, we live a 40 minute train ride from the city, so we're not really conveniently located). I just wanted to say have fun on your trip and to ask what you are planning to do/see?

Kara

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger View Post
    Since Seattle is one of my favorite places, and I live in the SF Bay Area, I'd love to trade with you! We are not in any position to travel for a few years though, so this isn't actually an offer, sorry (and also, we live a 40 minute train ride from the city, so we're not really conveniently located). I just wanted to say have fun on your trip and to ask what you are planning to do/see?

Kara
    Kara - message me when you're ready! I never tire of the SF Bay area, and Seattle will still be here too. Our anniversary is September 4th, so we're planning to go away, have fun, enjoy each other, and let emerge what will emerge. Wandering the streets... eating awesomely good food... hanging out... etc. Maybe rent a car for a day and drive the coast... who knows? I'm taking suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    Kara - message me when you're ready! I never tire of the SF Bay area, and Seattle will still be here too. Our anniversary is September 4th, so we're planning to go away, have fun, enjoy each other, and let emerge what will emerge. Wandering the streets... eating awesomely good food... hanging out... etc. Maybe rent a car for a day and drive the coast... who knows? I'm taking suggestions!
    It's a deal.

Your loose and open agenda sounds perfect, but really, what you plan to do for a couple of days in the Bay Area greatly depends on where you are staying, unless you want to spend a lot of time driving (I'm sure you know this, since you've been here before). So, I would settle that first and then see what your food and entertainment options are.

San Francisco proper is an excellent walking city for hanging out and seeing what comes along without a real plan. The suburbs are less convenient for that.

Btw, September 4 is my oldest brother's birthday. He lives in Lacey, WA, and I really, really need to get up there and visit him.

Kara

Our home is available that weekend! You could zip down to Lacey in under an hour, especially in my lil red Honda Insight - the original version. Which will be in the driveway. Do you like indoor cats? Our are the best... one of them is secretly a dog.

Yeah, if only we could afford the airfare. Someday, seriously! I love the idea of home exchange. Makes so much sense for frugal, practical people.

We have 2 indoor cats, so yeah, I'm cool with them. 2 indoor greyhounds, too, who think they are cats.

Kara

I've used the airbnb.com site a few times and had lovely and interesting hosts both times. I keep thinking I'll offer a room on there since we're in a tourism area and it could be an extra bit of money. When I've used it the hosts provided a few meals and visits and one is still a good friend to today (I ended up rushing her to the ER late one night - we had plenty of time to visit). I quickly pulled up the SF Bay on there and there are lots of listings ($60-$165 nightly) including an incredible tree house for $95 a night.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information