Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: May Purge

Yppej
    Working on the yard, digging up sod because I don't want grass in my yard that has to be mowed. I put a little in the bottom of each yard waste barrel but they don't take yard waste every week so it's a slow process.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Working on the yard, digging up sod because I don't want grass in my yard that has to be mowed. I put a little in the bottom of each yard waste barrel but they don't take yard waste every week so it's a slow process.
    What will you replace the grass with?

Yppej
    Electronic decluttering including messages to and from a fellow activist who has gone off the deep end. Also blocked her. Haven't decided if I will go places where she might be or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    where I live one could sell that sod…

Yppej
    Left a local online discussion group that absorbed a lot of my time after the moderator censored one of my comments. Continuing with electronic decluttering - deleted 388 messages or emails last night. At home I am busy this time of year working in the yard with reading breaks when I get hot. At work I will need to find something else to keep me busy since the boss hasn't come up with anything. Will see what comes into my life organically. Maybe volunteering on a campaign. Also finishing up on some open civic issues with the City.

Trash bag full of clothes. I could have done more because my husband has a bunch of suits that no longer fit him but our sons probably can so he wants to save them on the off chance one needs a suit.

Just finished our annual garage sale. Decided to update our stereo/home theater system to go wireless and well.... just less. I know it was hard for DH to give up his tall Klipsch speakers that he has held so dear. He was amazed at how much they were worth as his sister had given them to him for free years back. After talking about what we like as an idea, Gaming (kids are gone, we don't play) AM/FM radio, CD player (that held 300) and DVD player, we looked at how we actually live and put them up for sale. Radio stations are now streaming. Netflix is stopping DVD service in a couple of months and there is so much content on streaming that we won't be watching DVD's. We sold enough to pay for a whole new Bose system that takes a quarter of the space. I love recycling!

I want to get a clean, simple audio Soundsystem for our house. All the contact will be streamed. I’m not picky about sound quality, exactly, so I don’t know need expensive speakers. But that is quite a bit down the road because that is technology that I have to set up and blech.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I want to get a clean, simple audio Soundsystem for our house. All the contact will be streamed.
    My wife has a cheap bluetooth speaker which she moves around the house and outside as needed. She streams music from her phone and it works well for her. I believe the speaker was under $20 and has a rechargeable battery.

When we were building this house 28 years ago, I came in before drywall installation and ran monster cable to various in-wall speakers located throughout the house, all terminating in the family room where we planned our media center. I'll bet we haven't used that system in the last 10 years or so.

On the same note, I also ran Cat5 data cables to multiple locations in each room of the house, terminating at a planned switch location in the basement. That provided us easy access to internal networking and internet connectivity for a decade or so, then wireless became a thing. Just like the speakers, we haven't used the ethernet network in years.

If I were you, I'd keep it simple. Grab a portable bluetooth speaker or two and be prepared to abandon them when something new comes along.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I have a small space so a $99 Apple HomePod mini speaker that sits on my desk, right where all rooms connect, has been a good choice for me. Good sound and I stream from my iPhone.

On the purge topic, got rid of a ton of small crap over the weekend. Straightened up a lot. Kitchen and LR are much calmer now.

Thread Information