Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you be reluctant to ride public transportation given.....

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I'm not any more afraid of being harmed on transit than I am anywhere else. Everywhere outside one's home includes the risk of random death from American style "freedom".
    We are hoping that with the resignation of our useless, incompetent and stupid city prosecutor, the criminal element, who have been running around in their “freedom” to prey upon law abiding citizens, will be somewhat curtailed.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 5-9-23 at 11:15am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    We are hoping that with the resignation of our useless, incompetent and stupid city prosecutor, the criminal element, who have been running around in their “freedom” to prey upon law abiding citizens will be somewhat curtailed.
    Lol. Good luck with that. Republicans across the country have made it clear that we all have the freedom to be killed by a nut job with a gun. Nothing is going to change until enough old ‘yea guns’ people die and better humans have enough power to make the world a better place.

Nothing is going to change until enough old ‘yea guns’ people die and better humans have enough power to make the world a better place.

I could see how all those fusty old constitutional checks and balances make it difficult for you better humans to get enough power to impose your will on the ignorant masses.

It must frustrate your superior intellects no end.

Lol. Good luck with that. Republicans across the country have made it clear that we all have the freedom to be killed by a nut job with a gun. Nothing is going to change until enough old ‘yea guns’ people die and better humans have enough power to make the world a better place.
    How do you explain Chicago/Cook County then? It’s all Dem. There’s a Dem gov in IL and the Dems have a huge majority in both houses of the state general assembly. Crime is way up.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post

It must frustrate your superior intellects no end.
    No, it's that republicans have come to decide that the second amendment is a suicide pact that frustrates me to no end. And that then they scream "IT'S A MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM NOT A GUN PROBLEM" as if we are somehow the only developed nation that has mental health problems, while simultaneously passing a federal budget that would inflict dramatic cuts to already weak public health programs that help treat people with mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    How do you explain Chicago/Cook County then? It’s all Dem. There’s a Dem gov in IL and the Dems have a huge majority in both houses of the state general assembly. Crime is way up.
    It's next to Indiana. How do you explain why Texas has a 73% higher second amendment death rate than California?

It's next to Indiana. How do you explain why Texas has a 73% higher second amendment death rate than California?
    Using your logic, maybe because it's next to both Mexico and New Mexico?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Back to the bus issue...I used to ride one to work occasionally since I enjoyed not dealing with traffic on certain days. There were always a few "scary" people but that's just public transit. I probably would not ride one currently since there are now so many homeless people with unpredictable behaviors wandering about. They are showing up everywhere though unless one lives out in the boonies or gated subdivisions. We now live in a hostile and unsettling culture and sadly don't have the collective will to change it. Or so it seems...

No, it's that republicans have come to decide that the second amendment is a suicide pact that frustrates me to no end. And that then they scream "IT'S A MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM NOT A GUN PROBLEM" as if we are somehow the only developed nation that has mental health problems, while simultaneously passing a federal budget that would inflict dramatic cuts to already weak public health programs that help treat people with mental health issues.
    Leaving aside the question of why the federal government is in the mental health business, you could organize the Better Human Party to repeal the 2A and institute a War on Guns. That should solve the problem.

Thread Information