Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2024?

Trump 2024?

Donald Trump is still the leading GOP candidate, even with all of his troubles.

He has endorsements from quite a few Republican governors and Congresscritters.

He has a town hall meeting tonight.

Do y'all think he will be the nominee? What are his chances, and why?

What issues do you think he will run on?

Do y'all think he will win in 2024? Why/why not?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Donald Trump is still the leading GOP candidate, even with all of his troubles.

He has endorsements from quite a few Republican governors and Congresscritters.

He has a town hall meeting tonight.

Do y'all think he will be the nominee? What are his chances, and why?

What issues do you think he will run on?

Do y'all think he will win in 2024? Why/why not?
    Either he will win the nomination or declare as an independent, which will split the republican party just to punish them. His supporters are a determined bunch. DeSantis is going too extreme against Disney, the LGBT community, concealed carry with no permit, and education. Although people love to claim he won in a landslide, he is not viewed favorably now even by many republicans here I know.

Again Trump will run on "only he can fix it", illegal border crossing, and gender issues. He is relentless in his attacks on any opponent, and constant claims of victimhood, witchhunts declarations. His abortion position might hinder him, as the attempts at total abortion bans and the gender issue are unpopular. Too many citizens have family members who are being hurt. Antisemitism will prove hurtful, as in the support of proud boys and other fringe groups and conspiracy theorists. Plus many people are just plain tired of him.

I cannot see him winning. And I was the one who.predicted when he came down the escalator he would be the next president. Everyone thought I was crazy.

But this is only my opinion and I hope not wishful thinking.

After seeing trump having neo-nazi speakers at his hotel in Miami, it is beyond comprehension why anyone would vote for him. Democracy truly is at stake. Hopefully, voters wake up!

So, primaries will probably be Nicki Hailey, maybe Pence, probably DeSantis, and maybe Chris Christy? I see Hailey as a possible dark horse, but otherwise Trump. Why people like him is way beyond me, but they seem to be able to separate Trump the ends justifies the means politician from Trump the obnoxious criminal.

Trump vs. Biden? Maybe too close to call. The independents will probably swing the election and see Trump as a crook and Biden an uninspiring leader who even looks and talk like he's darned old. I think some of the other republicans would have a better chance against Biden.

I can't imagine Trump being the nominee. While whatever governance he may bring to the table would be preferable to what Biden or another potential Democratic nominee would provide, people are just tired of his shenanigans and the media's love of it.

I realize some of our most vocal members may be disappointed if that's the case, but they can easily transfer their wrath to DeSantis.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

"Republicans have gone from Abraham Lincoln to Richard Nixon to George Santos. No wonder they don’t believe in evolution."--Andy Borowitz

Wow - watching the Town Hall with Trump now, and it's....special.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    While whatever governance he may bring to the table would be preferable to what Biden or another potential Democratic nominee would provide,
    Because nothing says good governance like trying to overthrow the government.

"Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,"

Termination of the constitution. So much ‘good governance’ with this clown. Maybe Alan can point me to the section of one of the books written by Ldahl’s vaunted smart thinkers where this is recommended.

It all depends on how good of a campaigner DeSantis is. Even though he is a better candidate than Trump, he doesn’t have charisma of Trump. He is an introvert and does not feed on the attention of people.

I fear Trump will be the Republican nominee.

In Trump vs Biden, Biden wins.

Thread Information